chapter eleven; the truth

millie's p.o.v (continued)

I woke up the next day feeling almost emotionless. I got ready for school, ready to face the fear of not having anybody to be with since Sadie no longer liked me, but at least Finn will be back today.
I told my mom I would talk to her later and I walked out of my house to see something that made me surprised.

"Finn?" I asked the boy who had been at my doorstep for who knows how long.
"You can't be here."
"Why not?" Finn asked, seeming confused.
"My mom, she knows about the other-" but before I could finish speaking Finn cut me off.
"Sadie."
"Sadie what?" I asked, seeming even more confused than I already was.

"Sadie was the one who told her."

"I'm not going to school," I said with tears starting to form in my pale eyes.
All I wanted to do was run home.
And that's exactly what I did.
"Millie!" Finn called out trying to catch up to me, but I was already too far away, so there was no point of chasing me down the street.

"Millie?" my mom asked as I ran upstairs to my room and shut the door.
"Millie are you okay?"
"I'm fine!" I lied.
"If you need anything-"
"I said I'm fine!"

About two hours went by and I was still in my room which I haven't stepped out of since I ran back home earlier this morning. All I could think was why? Why would she do this? She acted like I was the horrible person, when in reality it was her.
I don't even want to go back to school.

It was twelve a.m. and I was feeling really down. I was feeling more sad. I don't know why this is hurting me so much. I guess I just really cared about her. Maybe she never cared about me.

That seems about right.

-
sorry for such a short chapter, I'm currently writing a new story which will be much more interesting than this, and i hope that it turns out great ! six hundred reads is approaching really quickly and honestly I'm so grateful , thank you everyone !