chapter sixteen; text messages

millie:

"I gotta get going soon, I have to be back by 11,"

"I wish you could stay here,"

"Me too,"

-

I arrived home at 11 like I promised I would because I don't need to be in anymore trouble.

"I can't believe you actually decided to come home at the right time," my mom said to me as a walked in the door.

"Just didn't want to get in anymore trouble," I joked.

I walked upstairs to my room to get ready for bed because I was really tired, but I decided I should mark this night as one of the best nights of my life, so I took out a piece of paper and started writing.

June 13:

I never thought I would fall for him, but I did. I guess you can't really control who you fall in love with, but I'm glad that I'm falling for Finn and not some weird dude.

Late night thoughts?

Yes, defiently late night thoughts.

-

finn🌱: MILLIE

finn🌱: MILLIE

finn🌱: MILLIEEE

finn🌱: MILLIE BOBBY BROWN

finn🌱: MILLSSSS

finn🌱: M I L L I E

Don't you love waking up to these types of messages?

millie❤: wHat do you wAnt finn

finn🌱: just wanted to say hi!

millie❤: i hate you.

finn🌱: you love me.

millie❤: that's true.

I shut off my phone and went downstairs to get some breakfast.

"Hey mom," I said while grabbing a box of Eggos from the freezer.

"Hey Mills,"

"Did you have fun last night?" She asked.

"I had a lot of fun actually," I replied.

"So what did you guys do?"

And that's when I choked on my glass of milk.

"You okay?" She asked, confused.

"Yeah, yeah I'm fine," I reponded,

"We just played some board games,"

That was seriously the worst lie I've ever told.

"Really?" She asked, "Board games?"

"Yeah mom,"

"That sounds a bit childish, doesn't it?"

"No, not at all," I lied.

-

millie❤: you will not believe what my mom asked me this morning

finn🌱: what was it?

millie❤: she asked what we did last night

finn🌱: what'd you respond with

millie❤: i told her we were playing board games

finn🌱: are you serious

millie❤: dead

finn🌱: oh my little liar, what will i ever do with you?

millie❤: marry me

The text message slipped, I didn't mean to press send.

finn🌱: that was already on my bucketlist.

millie❤: hehehehehe. gtg talk to you lateerrr.

finn🌱: bye babe❤

Oh here goes my heart again.

-

Hours went by and all I felt was happiness and relief from the past couple of days. Finn took my mind off of thing and honestly I couldn't thank him enough. Falling in love with your best friend is interesting, I guess.

Sadie still popped up in my mind. I wasn't sure where she was, if she was okay or even if she was still alive. I know I shouldn't think that way but I did- and that really sucked.

Maybe she will show up at school on Monday- or maybe she just doesn't want to face me again. Who knows. I won't know until I see her again.

And that sorta hurts.

All the memories of us, all the fun times we've shared are gone, gone like they never happened. I want my best friend back.

I want Sadie Sink.

It's coming to the point where I just want to knock on her front door and hug her, telling her how sorry I am for everything I caused, but the other part of me wishes that she wouldn't just hide from all her problems. I mean, we're both in this and she's acting like it's all my fault. I mean it is but why is she STILL avoiding me? I decided I would shoot her a text for the first time in a few weeks.

millie❤: hey Sadie, I know how much you hate me right now, and I'm not sure where you've been the past week and a half but I hope you're doing okay and I hope that you show up at school. I miss you so much and I just wanted to apologize. love u lots sads.

Probably the most depressing text message i've ever sent.

-

wowww this book has over 1k reads and I'm so happy !! thank you all so much

also:

would you guys hate me if one of the characters passed in this book?