chapter seven; the date

millie showed up at finn's house exactly at eight o'clock. to be honest she was really nervous considering that it was her first real "date." she was wearing a red dress, with silver shoes, her hair was all pushed back and she was wearing a little bit of mascara. she slightly knocked on what she thought was finn's door, and luckily, it was his.

finn opened up the door and was immediately felt a knot in his stomach. he looked at the girl who he thought was a masterpiece. 

"wow mills. you look- pretty," he said to the girl who was standing inches away from his face. she smiled back at the boy.

"may i come in?" she asked, looking a little cold.

"yes, of course," finn replied, mentally slapping himself for looking like an idiot in front of her.

"so. i was thinking, maybe we can watch a movie or something?" he asked her.

"what movie?" millie replied.

"how about stand by me?" finn shot back, sounding a little too prepared for what he just said.

"YES!" millie said back.

the two sat next to each other on finn's couch with a bowl of popcorn next to them. finn looked over at millie with admired face. he thought she was the most beautiful girl ever. he looked down at her hand and noticed it was close to him. he looked back up at her and saw her eyes were still glued to the TV where the movie was playing. he started to move his hand closer to hers and they chained their hands together. millie looked over at him when she noticed that her hand was in his.

the two stared at each other for a couple of seconds before finn suddenly made a move. he started to lean in and all of a sudden they found their lips grazing on each other. millie removed her hand from his and placed both of her hands behind finn's neck. the two didn't know what they were doing, but they didn't want to stop. they craved  each other. millie pulled away with a smile forming on her face.

"sorry i-" but before finn could finish his sentence millie cut him off.

"oh shut up and kiss me again."

-

"so finn, what's up with you and millie?" gaten asked as the two were walking down the crowded hallway.

"did you guys kiss, you know, for real this time?" he asked her

"actually," finn started to respond, "we did."

-

finn and millie were walking out of school together, along with gaten and caleb. noah was sick so he wasn't with them. thank god it was friday, so they had the weekend off.

"you guys wanna come over tonight and play some d&d?" gaten asked his friends who seemed to be walking faster than he was.

"sure man," caleb replied.

"sorry, i can't, my mom wants me home tonight to spend 'family quality time' " finn responded.

"sorry gaten, i can't, i totally forgot that i had piano lessons," millie said back.

but millie and finn weren't actually doing what they claimed they had planned. they were going to hang out together, without their other friends, just the two of them.

"okay," gaten said, "maybe another time."

"yeah, of course," millie and finn said in sync.

"I can't wait for tonight,"  millie said over the phone.

"I know, I can't wait either," finn said back.

the two got off of the phone and were getting ready for something that they had been looking forward to all day.

-

 "hi! is finn here?" millie asked finn's mom politely.

"yes, he's in his room, it's getting pretty late millie, you two can't hang out for too long tonight," his mother replied back.

"oh no don't worry Mrs. Wolfhard,"  millie began to say, " I just wanted to hang out for a little while."

-

"are you ready mills-" finn asked the girl standing in his room, looking at pictures he had taken when he was little.

"yeah- lets go," she replied back.

the two started to climb out of finn's bedroom window, slowly so they wouldn't cause any trouble, and started to run out of his backyard.

they were heading to a place where they knew they shouldn't be headed.

a party.