chapter nine; trouble

millie woke up before finn did, and at first she felt happy but then she suddenly felt a knot in her stomach. what is she going to tell her mom when she asks where millie was last night?
millie remembered what finn told her, just tell her that she was at sadie's house.

"i have to go," millie started to say while picking up her bag and moving quickly to the doorway.
"why are you leaving so early?" finn asked.
"my mom she-"
"calm down. remember what i said, okay?" finn replied back.
"okay."
millie give finn a quick peck on his cheek and scurried out the door.

"I'm sorry mom, I'll never-" but before millie could finish her sentence, her mom cut her off, she obviously knew something.
"Where the hell were you last night? And why did you never call to let me know where you were?" millie's mom said back.
"Sadies."
"Well, Millie, that's not what I heard,"
her mom said while she had her arms crossed, ready to have millie say the truth.
"What do you mean, that's not what you heard?" millie said back, starting to get annoyed.
"That doesn't matter. Now tell me the truth before you get punished, who's house were you really at last night," her mom said back.
"Sadie's! I already told you!"
"Now tell me Millie, who's this Finn character your friends have been telling me about?"
"What do you mean?" millie said back, starting to get very worried.
"Who is he, Millie."
"I don't know!" millie yelled, tears starting to form in her eyes. she didn't know how much longer she could lie to her mom.

"Discussions over- go to your room, you're grounded."
"Mom!"
"Go."

and without further discussion, millie ran upstairs to her room and locked the door, by now tears running down her stained face.

she didn't know how long she was grounded, but she knew that somebody told her mom she was with finn. somebody who didn't like her, she only socialized with four other people not including Finn, and she knew he wouldn't do that to her.

gaten,caleb,sadie,and noah were the only people she could think of.

but no. they were her friends they wouldn't do that to her either. unless, your friends aren't really your friends.

and that's what broke her.