Chapter 38

George's POV:

"Scar will be here in a few min-" (G)

"Actually I'm here now George, but thank you for a perfectly timed introduction." (S)

I see Kitty's eyes light up a bit as Scar sits in the chair next to her, across from me. They both smile at each, Kat slowly taking Scar's hand in her own, and I can't help the smile that grows across my face. They both turn to look at me with raised eyebrows before looking towards the door and I nod, knowing that they have a lot to discuss. I give Kitty a gentle kiss on the forehead, ignoring when she flinches back a bit, before walking out of the hospital wing and towards the lake.

I'm happy that Kitty's reaction to Scar was just as positive as seeing Krum the other day. She still flinched with Krum, and even just now with Scar, but she's getting better day by day I suppose. Maybe, just maybe, her recovery won't take as long as we thought it would. With each visiting friend and passing day she gets just a little bit better, and if that's all I have to work with, then I'll take it.

Kat's POV:

I smiled at Scar as she moved the chair closer to bed before looking at me with a shy looking grin on her face. I bet she's worried about how I'll react to the 'news' that her and Donovan are married. She'll be more surprised when she finds out that I already knew. I smirk a bit at that, but as I catch her scent my smirk fades.

Scar has always smelled of roses and salt water, but now there's a new scent added to it. It smells like oranges almost. I stare at her as I tune in my hearing and then I hear a second heartbeat along with her own. I feel tears prick my eyes as I look back up at her and I see her looking at me with a worried expression on her face.

"Y-you're p-pr-preg-pregnant?" (K)

"How did you.....oh right, half-vamp superpowers." (S)

I feel a ghost of a laugh leave my lips before I look back at Scar. Her face is the color of her name right now, but she still looks so happy so at least it isn't an unwanted child. I squeeze her hand a bit as I stare at her, the tears in my eyes not falling just yet.

"W-why n-no t-te-tell?" (K)

"It was supposed to be a late Christmas surprise for you. I'm sure you already know by know by Don and I got married a few months ago. I just couldn't figure out how to tell you, and then I found out I was pregnant before the holidays and.....well Aunty Kat was kidnapped so I couldn't tell you then either." (S)

"A-aunty K-ka-kat?" (K)

"Of course. See the other thing I wanted to give you/force upon you for Christmas was......well I'm having a little boy. We're naming him Dimitri Viktor, and Viktor's already agreed to be the Godfather and I want you to be the Godmother." (S)

"M-me?" (K)

"Of course, you're my best friend. And godparents are apparently really popular over here, compared to back home. You have a few more months to prepare for you job, well a little less than four months really." (S)

I go to answer her but words won't come, only this time it's not due to my slow healing but to how happy I am. I just smile as a few tears fall, nodding my head at her as tears fall from her eyes as well.

"You took this really well Kat, which I can only guess means you'll yell at me later." (S)

"Y-you ha-have no i-idea." (K)

I let out a small laugh just as she does and she starts talking about everything they've already gotten for the baby. I smile as I think about my little newphew and unofficial godson growing up with my children if I have any. My smile stays on my face as I think of George playing with them in the backyard, and teaching them to be just as mischievous as Fred and him are. It's a future that I can only hope for right now, but seeing how happy Scar is, it's a future that I deeply desire.