Chapter 1-Where it all began

• Dedicated to Vicky Papalambros, Hannah Noel Joyce, Emily Beaber

Savannah is a 15 year-old Sophomore who lives in a beach house in Malibu with her now single mother, and her little brother Lenny. She was sitting in her first period class at Singport High when she heard about the talent show the next weekend. Savanah texted her friend Rosemary, who was home "sick", the news and told her to meet at their favorite hang out around 4 o'clock.

"Savannah, are you texting in my class again?" her teacher, Mr. Raco asked. Savannah quickly put her phone in her boot and grabbed her ipod.

"No, it's just my ipod." Savannah said with the most serious face she could have. Mr. Raco kept teaching class when the bell rang to end class.

"Have a good weekend, and Savannah, come see me after school today." Mr. Raco said.

Savannah was walking out of class when she saw Valorie getting yelled at for the fifth time that week. Savannah thought of a way to get Valorie out of trouble this time, and Valorie had a worried look on her face.

"Mr. Tromplis, what ever you think Valorie "did", I'm sure she was actually a victim of it." Savannah said thinking it sounded pretty convincing.

"Sorry Ms.Knight, but I saw her do this." Mr. Tromplis, the school principal said, then started walking to his office with Valorie. When Savannah saw Heather Tomlinson holding her left eye with her right hand. Savannah snuck a picture and sent it to Rosemary while trying really hard not to die laughing.

"What are you looking at loser?" Heather yelled walking passed Savannah.

"Heather, do you realize how ridiculous you look holding your left eye with your right hand?" Savannah asked still holding in the laugh.

"Robert Pattinson does it, so it must be cool." Heather said throwing the right side of her hair over her should with her left hand.

"Whatever." Savannah said. As she was walking to her next class, she passed Mr. Tromplis' office when Valorie walked out.

"Okay, what did you do this time?" Savannah asked. They walked into their next class together, and sat in their seats beside each other.

"Oh, you know. I just punched Heather Tomlinson in the eye." Valorie said laughing evilly.

"Val, when are you going to learn that you can't just go around punching people?" Savannah asked already knowing the answer.

"When people stop deserving it." Valorie said. The teacher, Mrs. Parker, told them to be quiet, so they texted each other.

'Hey, the talent show is next weekend. I think we should enter our band in it.'                                                -SavannahLovesKendall

'That would be amazing! Hey where is Rosemary?' -ValorieLovesCarlos

'Home, probably watching Stephen or James.' -SavannahLovesKendall

'haha or sleeping, dreaming about doing James.' -ValorieLovesCarlos

Mrs.Parker called on Valorie, who had no idea what was going on, but some how she managed to get the right answer.

"Very good Ms.Garcia." Mrs.Parker said impressed with Valorie's answer. Valorie, surprised she got the answer right smiled and acted like she knew the answer the whole time.

"Homework tonight is to partner up with one person and make a collage of anything that means a lot to both of you." Mrs.Parker said. Valorie and Savannah looked at each other knowing exactly what they were doing.

After 5 dreadful hours school was finally over and Savannah, Valorie and their friend Trish walked to Ice Cream Cafe. When they walked in they saw Rosemary eating her favorite sundae, Chunky Monkey banana split, at a booth alone.

"Hey you." Valorie said as the 3 girls sat with Rosemary, a waiter came and took their orders.

"So Trish, tell us, do you still like that cute waiter Brady?" Savannah asked. Trish was quiet for a while.

"Brady? No, I am fully dedicating myself to Logie Bear!" Trish said with a dreaming look in her eyes.

"Good, Logan is way cuter." Rosemary said. They all agreed, when Brady came over to their table with their sundaes.

"One cookie dough sundae for Savannah, a cotton candy blitz and a corn dog for Valorie, and for Trish, a cherry cheescake with a cherry sundae." Brady said getting the orders right, even though he wasn't the one who took their orders.

"Okay, so let's talk talent show." Valorie said eatting her sundae.

"Who says we do it?" Savannah asked. They all rose their spoons in vote.

"Ok, so it's official, we are doing it." Trish said. They left for Savannah's house to practice for the talent show audition.