2: Ring Ring

Dipper got up and knocked on Mabel's door across the hall. "Mabel?"

"Come in." A gentle voice called.

Dipper opened the door and saw Mabel lying on her bed on her stomach, checking her phone.

"How about that ice cream, huh?" Dipper smiles.

Mabel looks up at him. "Sounds great."

They both went downstairs and walked past their parents.

"Where are you two going?" Mrs. Pines asked from the kitchen.

"Getting ice cream." Dipper replies.

"Before dinner?" Mr. Pines laughs. "I don't think so, you have to fill out some paperwork for school tomorrow."

Dipper walked to his dad and whispered in his ear, "Mabel's kinda feeling down. I think some ice cream would help, you know?"

Mr. Pines hesitates but eventually nods. "Don't eat too much."

~

The twins walked through town, arriving at an old time ice cream parlor.

They ordered their ice cream, chocolate for Dipper and strawberry for Mabel, and sat at one of those tables by the window with the high seats.

"How are you feeling, Mabel?" Dipper asked.

"It'll take some getting used to, ya know?" Mabel stared at her ice cream.

"Yeah."

"What if our old friends forgot about us, Dipper?"

"Why would they forget about us?" Dipper shakes his head.

"We've spent the last four summers in Gravity Falls and we spent a lot of time at the high school in Gravity Falls this semester. You're lying if you say you don't feel distant with your old friends." Mabel frowns.

"I don't deny that I feel distant with my old friends." Dipper sighs. "I'm just hoping everything will turn out okay."

Mabel looks at her brother. "Well, we'll find out tomorrow."

~

That night, Mabel had the urge to call Bill. She was stressed out and adjusting to everything again was so hard. But Mabel knew better.

She wondered how things will be now without her or Dipper at the Gravity Falls high school. "Will Pacifica become Bill's new girlfriend? She'll probably become homecoming queen..."

However, as she hopped into bed to go to sleep, she heard her phone buzz.

Bill.