4: Dumped

Dipper and Mabel made it to the school, where teenagers walked into the building with their pods of friends.

The twins couldn't help but feel like they were transfer students who have never gone to this school before.

Dipper spotted his old group of friends by a tree while Mabel saw her old friends rehearsing for the school musical probably.

The twins looked at each other went their separate ways to their groups of friends.

Dipper reached his friends first. He was nervous to see what they would say to him, what they'd think.

His closest friend, Dylan, spotted him first. "Dipper!"

"Hey guys." Dipper smiled.

"Hey," His other friend, Lucas, smiled a little, "I don't mean to be rude but, what are you doing here? I thought you were in Oregon."

"I was." Dipper nods. "But things didn't work out so Mabel and I came back."

"Oh, I see." Lucas nods. "Well, Dipper, you see, Dylan and I joined Mark's group."

Dipper was stunned. "You're joining that jock's gang?"

Dylan nods. "He gets us out of trouble and people actually think we're cool!"

"You're making a mistake, guys," Dipper shook his head, "Mark is probably planning something to embarrass you guys!"

"You haven't seen us since last year and yet you have the guts to lecture us." Lucas shakes his head. "Some guts."

"Dipper," Dylan mumbled, "we worked hard to be with Mark. And if he sees us with you, he'll kick us out of the group."

"You two are dumping me?" Dipper's heart sank.

"Sorry, dude."

"Can I talk to you guys in science club?"

Lucas sighed. "Dipper, science club is full."

Dipper frowned. "Oh...okay.."

Dylan tugged on Lucas's jacket. "Mark's here, we should probably go."

"Bye, Dipper." Lucas waved and ran off with Dylan.

Meanwhile...

Mabel walked up to her old besties, Kathy, Maria, and Sapphire. "Hi, girls!"

The trio looked over at Mabel and gasped. "Mabel?"

Mabel nervously laughed. "Yep, I'm back!"

"What changed your mind? I thought you said you loved Gravity Falls?" Kathy asked with a concerned look.

"Well..." Mabel looked down. "It's complicated. I can tell you guys later about it. Can we do a sleepover tonight?"

The trio looked at one another.

"Mabel," Maria sighed, "things have changed so much since you've been gone."

Mabel's smile vanished. "Oh. How so?"

"Well," Sapphire sighed, "we got into the popular crowd in the theater!"

"We're friends with Olivia Smith!" Kathy squealed.

"THE Olivia Smith!?" Mabel's jaw dropped.

"Yes!" The girls squealed.

"You girls are soooo lucky!" Mabel smiles.

"Mabel," Maria had sad eyes, "if only you were here for auditions and the musical. You could've fit with the popular crowd. Now it's too late."

"So what if I'm with the popular crowd?" Mabel nervously laughs. "I can still be your friend, right?"

"It's best if we stay distant until the musical is over." Sapphire pouts.

"I can't believe you guys..." Mabel frowned, holding back tears. "If you guys don't wanna be friends with me now then maybe we shouldn't be friends at all!"

"Sorry, Mabel..." Kathy frowned.

They walked off, leaving Mabel in the dust.

Dipper met up with her as they both walked up the stairs to the entrance.

"How'd it go?" Dipper asked.

"Dumped." Mabel looked at her feet. "You?"

"Dumped."

Mabel sighs. "Today is not going to be good."