5: Day One

The twins walked into their first class of the day; math.

They sat down in their seats and Dipper sighed. "Math. How ironic."

Mabel looked at an empty seat next to her, thinking of Bill.

Dipper nudged her arm. "It's gonna be okay."

But that didn't calm Mabel's nerves one bit.

The teacher came in the room as if she was in a hurry. Her name was Mrs. Clarke.

"Good morning class." She smiled with rosy cheeks. "Just so you are aware, and you might already know, there are two students with us now. Dipper and Mabel Pines."

The class turned their heads to Dipper and Mabel, making them feel more uncomfortable than welcomed.

"Today we will be learning about polynomials." Mrs. Clarke smiled.

The whole class groaned.

Mabel was distracted. She was thinking about when Bill sat down next to her that first day of school in class.

After math class, the twins had to go to science class.

Dipper couldn't help but notice his old group of friends were in that same class.

Dylan sat next to Mark, basically trying to be a kiss up.

"I can't believe them." Dipper muttered under his breath.

Mabel frowned and put her hand on his arm.

Mark looked over and noticed Dipper. "Oh look who's with us! Tree geek."

Dipper's face grew red. Before he could insult him back, Mabel snapped at him. "Don't you dare."

Dipper sighed heavily and looked away.

But Mark only decided to make things worse...

He walked over to Dipper with his friends and took his hat from him. "Where have you been, nerd?"

"Hey, leave my brother alone, asshole." Mabel stepped in.

Mark and his friends laughed. "Oooooh!"

"What's he done to you, huh?"

"Why don't you stay out of it, sweetheart." Dylan laughed.

"That's enough." Dipper muttered.

"Look he talked!" Mark taunted.

"Leave him alone!" Mabel growled.

"Hey why don't you go bedazzle something, freak." Mark frowned at Mabel.

That was the breaking point for Dipper. He got up quick as lightning and smacked Mark right in the face.

Blood streamed down from Mark's nose. He looked up at Dipper as he punched him in the face as well.

Dipper was hit right in the eye. "You son of a bitch."

The whole class was roaring as the fight continued.

"Cmon Mark, get him!"

"Stop it you two!"

"Where the hell is the teacher!?"

Mabel had tears forming in her eyes. "Stop it!"

Mark and Dipper only threw more punches at each other.

The teacher finally arrived and Mark stopped punching Dipper.

However, Dipper threw one last punch at Mark in the face and looked down at him. "Call me a nerd, call me a geek. But never. Ever. Call my sister a freak."

The teacher dragged Dipper out of the classroom and sent him to the office.

~

Mabel had to spend lunch by herself since Dipper was still in trouble or was in the nurses office.

She looked around trying to find a place to sit. When she found an empty table in the corner, she headed there to take it.

Just as she was about to reach it, she passed Dylan and the rest of Mark's friends and one of them extended their leg out and tripped Mabel.

Mabel fell to the ground, dropping her plate of pizza. The lunch crowd laughed at her, including Mark's friends.

"Freak!" Dylan laughed.

Just as Mabel was going to burst into tears, she heard Dylan scream in pain. "Shit!"

Mabel looked up to see someone standing in front of her. Her jaw dropped.

Bill looked behind him at her and smiled. "No one hurts my shooting star."