1: Welcome Home

The bus stopped at the station in Piedmont. Dipper and his sister, Mabel, stepped out of the vehicle with their suitcases. Both look sad yet happy to be home, although Mabel felt something off about herself.

Their parents met them at the bus stop and welcomed them home with open arms.

"Glad you decided to come back." Mrs. Pines smiled.

Mr. Pines chuckled. "You'll never regret coming home. Gravity Falls is so weird and it's full of bugs."

Dipper laughed. "You're telling me." He looked over at Mabel, she looked down.

Dipper put his arm around his sister. "Hey, after we unpack we can get ice cream, alright?"

Mabel lifts her chin up a bit and smiles gently.

~

They returned home, Mabel went to her bedroom. It was just as she left it; posters of boy bands everywhere, unicorns, glitter, stuffed animals, and lots of rainbows.

She sighs as she lays down on her bed, her head clouded with thoughts of Bill. She thought of his eyes, his fluffy hair, his smile.

Mabel covered her face with her hands. "It would have never worked out anyways. He's a demon and I'm just a girl."

She sighs.

"A girl who loved a demon."

~

Dipper laid on his bed as well, reading his journal. He flipped through the pages which showed Bill Cipher.

He frowned.

"Mabel's going to need me more than ever now. Breakups have to be hard."

Dipper took his phone out and scrolled through his contacts, tapping on Grunkle Stan's number.

"Hello?" A voice came.

"Hey, Grunkle Stan." Dipper responded.

"Oh, hi, Dipper." Stan sounded a little surprised.

"Just wanted to tell you that Mabel and I got home."

"Glad to hear you made it back safely. I know sometimes the bus driver can be a little crazy when driving."

"And yet you let us go on that bus?"

"Listen, kid, you've survived loads of things over the summers, a bus is the last thing that'll kill you."

"I'll be the judge of that."

Stan let out a sigh. "How's Mabel doing?"

"She locked herself in her room."

"She'll need time. But Dipper, you gotta be there for her, alright?" Stan sounded serious.

"I already knew that. I'll be there for her always." Dipper smiles.

"I know, kid. It was silly for me to even ask such a thing." Stan chuckles.

"I actually wanna go check on her now." Dipper sighs. "Can I call you later tonight? Maybe you, Mabel, and I can video chat or something."

"Sounds great." Stan said in an upbeat voice.

"Alright, talk to you later."