Chapter 7 - I Remember...

"Morning Sunshine." I look down at Gray from the top of my bookshelf in which I had been sitting on all night. "Mmf." I manage to get out. My eyes droop. I probably only got 15 minutes of sleep last night at the most. "Come on, you can't do this your whole life Natsu." He pulls one of my sore limbs and makes me tumble onto him. Juvia appears in the doorway. Her eyes widen in horror, or at least that's what I can see through my fuzzy vision. "Natsu has become a rival too??!!!" She screams like someone was murdered in front of her, confusion filling the air.

Everyone waves Juvia off like normal while a person that has an apartment to the left of us yells "Keep things to yourself and shut up!"

Gray stares at the floor behind me completely red. He follows after Juvia while shouting "Hey Juvia come back! Its not like that!"

I would laugh but I'm not in the mood. I fall back onto the wooden floor underneath me and sigh. "Gosh darn Natsu. Stop being so lethargic." But then Lucy appears beside me and cups my face in her hands. "Natsu..."  She says. I slap myself and open my groggy eyes to reality. "Whatever." I say, then force myself up.

I walk into the bathroom and rub my eyes. They have dark circles under them. I grab the concealer by my sink that I stole from juvia and put a coat all over my face. It doesn't look too good, but it will do. I change into a business suit and grab the suitcase full of papers for work, then walk down the hall and exit the apartment without a glance to my peers in the main room.

---------------------------

My shoes clack against the sidewalk. The same ones that I wear every single day to work. Even though its winter, a sunset still appears with orangish pink waves of light in the sky. I walk past the park bench that I'm sure I'd never forget, and for a moment see the long, blond locks of hair that once used to be there every night. I smile. I take the locket out of my back pocket. It stays with me always.

I stop in my tracks and admire the place around me. It reminds me so much of that night when I found that locket. The night that started everything.

Lucy's POV

"Nariko, can we go to the amusement park?" I ask him as we are getting up from a table inside rare burger joint in Magnolia. There are only about two in Fiore because American food isn't really found in Japan. I remember when I was on my job. My friend Evergreen showed me them. She always gave the waiter a look as harsh as stone if they didn't put extra salt on our French fries though.

"Sure." He replies. We walk out of the restaurant. "Nariko," I start to ask. He looks at me with a smile, fading sunlight reflecting off of his face. That look, it reminds me so much of..."why do you hate Natsu so much?"

He becomes uncomfortable. "Well, um, because, I guess since he is one of the guys that you hang out with so much and I think I'm a little jealous." "Oh, Nariko." I lean my head on his shoulder. "There's no need to be jealous. Me and him weren't even a thing."

While I say that I bite my bottom lip, remembering my place in the forest next to the park. And where it happened for the first time. I begin to hum the tune that I know so well. "You are my sunshine, my only sunshine..."

"I've never heard that song before. Is it from a TV show or what?" Nariko asks. "Its just something that's special to me." I accidentally speak my mind. Nariko nods. "Mm." I close my eyes and lift my head.

If only you were here.

--------------
It just seems that I'm getting slower at updating. :( I promise I'll get faster! And I forgot that each chapter transitioned povs so I accidentally wrote Natsu at the top. Ahh!

- Everything_Counts