Chapter 10 - The Key to His Heart

I'm so bored today. No one is up because its six thirty AM so I cant really talk to anyone. I slouch down the wall that I was leaning on and sigh. I didn't really get any sleep last night, so that's why I'm up so early in the morning. The only one up is Nariko. The only thing is, he's planning this big dinner for next month so he won't be much help in entertainment.

 The only thing is, he's planning this big dinner for next month so he won't be much help in entertainment

(And of course, this wouldn't be a Y.A.M.S. book without my drawings...I think I've improved since last time. And again...10 minutes ^∆^)

I close my eyes and yawn. Erza enters the room in her pink pajamas. She doesn't see me yet, leaning against the wall in the shadows. Erza starts to make coffee. When she turns to get a cup off of the rack, she sees me. The reason I know is because afterwords, she whispers "Lucy?"

I'm startled and bolt onto my feet. Erza takes a second cup off of the metal rack and sits them on the counter next to the coffee machine. She motions for me to come over and sit on a stool in front of the mini bar. My cold hands clench together in my lap to gain warmth.

Erza pours water into the machine. I watch as she cuts up a few strawberries from the fridge too. "Is something bothering you?" She asks. I don't reply. "Its about Natsu right?" She goes ahead and speaks for me. "In my personal opinion, I think he's jealous." Erza pours the coffee and hands me a mug.

"I mean, I don't think it was right for you to just leave like that Lucy, to just return with someone new to replace him. If I were him, it would just cut me into pieces to see you with another guy. All he ever talked about here was how when you returned he would do all sorts of different things."

She sighs. I swallow the lump in my throat. "Lucy, he must be a celestial spirit, because you have the key to his heart." (Don't ask me how she knows what celestial spirits are...)

I cover my face with my hands. I can't cry. All I can do is sit there and let this feeling run through my veins. I don't look up when I here the clack of Natsu's shoes on the floor behind me. I've hurt him so much.

I've realized that. And yet I've done nothing to make him feel better. God dammit what's wrong with me!

"I'm a terrible person!" I finally say, slicing silence in half. Erza puts her hand on my shoulder. "Well, prove yourself wrong by doing something about it." She hands me a coupon for her bakery.

Its a sale for tomorrow afternoon. Pick him up something, then take it to his office. I won't be there tomorrow, so its the best I can do.