Chapter Four

Chapter 4-

Maddie's POV:

When I walked into the house Josh called out "I'm home!" to his family. Of course he didn't announce that I was back, as he was hoping that I would get a bigger reaction when they saw me.
A girl's voice said "I'm in the living room." And he told me that it was Paige. I got excited to meet my old friend. Josh told me that Paige and I were really close friends before my coma. He walked into the room and I followed behind him. Paige didn't look over at first which gave me time to look at her. She was very pretty, tall, and skinny. She had blonde hair about the same length as mine and she was wearing a red top, and red head band and light blue jeans. She was watching TV but I couldn't tell what show because it was on a commercial break. She turned her head and saw Josh, then she looked over to me. Paige dropped the remote and jumped off the couch. She ran over to where I was standing and lifted me into a hug screaming "MADDIE!!"
Her excitement made me wish I knew her better, but I played along.
"PAIGE! I MISSED YOU!"
"You missed me!?! I'm the one who missed you! You were in a coma! Are you okay!!" Then she turned to Josh with frustration. "JOSH WHY DIDN'T YOU CALL TO TELL ME!!??!" She was just pretending to be mad though.
I knew she bought it.

That's when a little girl came in. Mackenzie. I knew it had to be my little sister. It was heartbreaking not remembering her. Her smile showed that she was missing her two front teeth and she was just adorable. I knelt down and gave her a huge hug. She wrapped her little arms tightly around me and I lifted her up. She said, in a small voice, "Maddie I thought you'd never come back! I missed my biggy sister."
"Oh Kenz I missed you too! I'm here now."