Chapter 46

Agatha was in a small state of shock. She didn't want Alex to go alone on such a dangerous mission. She wanted to go with him, and he was adamant that she stay put. Even Robert was insisting that she stayed put, too.

"At least take a squad of drones!" she pleaded.

"No," he frowned. "I can't. Osiris has everything in lockdown, right?"

"He does," Agatha trembled. "He convinced the base that he was sending in reinforcements. All communication is halted to keep panic from spreading. He's...taking everything in carefully, as always. I'm just...so worried that I'll lose you..."

"Hera," he whispered softly in her ear. Robert was being spoken to by a drone from Osiris to keep him preoccupied. "I will come back to you. I left a portion of myself here. Ragland knows how to bring me back, if something happens. If all goes well, I can simply rejoin with that piece, and I'll be fine. It's just a safety measure."

"You'll...be weak...if you are brought back..." she shivered. He hugged her tight and kissed her fiercely. "Please, Zeus...I just...our drones...if I give birth..."

"Don't let Robert fuck you until I get back," he growled. "I'm going to want to fuck you again when I do. And I do know this. I'll live. I've been through worse. I'm hard to kill. You know this, too. I have to stop this threat, myself. I have to prove my worth to you, and this will help solidify to the new Kings that I can't be fucked with. I have to fuck up this base by myself. Think of this as my badge of honor. I have to earn it. And I plan to keep it."

"Okay. How do you plan to approach the base?" she asked.

"I'll go to the island first. Hermanubis will have a helicopter prepped and waiting. I'll fly it to the base and infiltrate it. Don't worry. I'll be back as quickly as I can," he vowed. "Commander, I don't want you to fuck Agatha after she gives birth. You know I'm going to want her when I get back. Just focus on keeping her calm."

"What? Oh. Fine. I can wait," Robert nodded grimly. They finally started to see each other as brothers, but not quite at that particular point of trust. "Just watch your ass. You don't know who's going to want to fuck it if you bend over wrong."

"Fuck you," Alex grinned. "Do you know of this base?"

"Not really," Robert sighed. "It was much like this one. Hidden. Last resort shit if the shit hits the fan. Not much else to say about it."

"Right. Keep in contact with Osiris. If he can keep anyone from getting out, then it will make my job easier. Oh. Was this base something that John was working on?" Alex asked.

"Ah..." Agatha thought. "It was! I...!"

"What?" Alex asked, as he looked at her with concern.

"It was...another experimental base..." she gasped. "Who knows what's found there!"

"Hmm," Alex mused. "If it's dangerous, I'll blow it up. No other choice in the matter. Does he know what was being made?"

"Alternates of myself," Agatha cringed. Now Alex looked at her with shock, and he reached out to the hive mind for clues and answers. The drone was discovered in that base. It was transferred in as another military soldier. Now it made sense. The rival antivirus was able to reveal it when it got too close. Alex needed to kill the antivirus the moment he found it.

"Is it underground?!" Robert asked.

"Yes. One of our drones was sent in, apparently. Routine transfer. The new antivirus there was able to counter it just by being close. Our drone lost its shape. It was one of our scouts," she grimaced. "Osiris is letting me know. Who knows how many other bases like this are out there! A natural enemy to us!"