Chapter 67

The moment Alex got out of the cryo tube, Hermanubis and Sigyn were waiting for him. They were ready to rescue the piece of their mother. Thanks to what that single piece sent her, they knew the base, too, and were ready to discuss how to infiltrate it.

"Since this base is strictly underground, it's like a honeycomb below the earth. It's about twenty feet down by a special elevator. Then we hit the lobby. Security is all over the first floor, since it's also a drug plant for military uses. The level below that is all living space. It's the third level down that we need. Mother's piece is in one of those rooms. We just don't know which one. We'll need to consume someone to get the info," Hermanubis said.

"Make sure Isis has the headset. That really helped me," Alex said.

"She does," Sigyn nodded.

"Good. How far off are they?" he asked.

"Ten minutes out," Hermanubis said. They grabbed another Chinook for easy transport. It was something that John would have used on visiting the base and was commonly seen with them. As Alex reviewed who he would have to consume to get the answers he wanted, time flew by quickly. When the helicopter landed, he was the first one on. Gesturing to Osiris to leave the moment the others were boarded, the helicopter was back in the air quickly.

They flew dead south, then west. After four solid hours, the base they needed was in range. It was near the center of some of the roughest jungle terrain that could possibly exist. A small clearing was all that was available for air-drop supplies. And it was a good thing that none of them needed to sweat. Water would be something of a massive priority for any human with the humidity that assaulted them now.

A drone was able to take over the helicopter, and the five of them simply jumped out. They landed heavily in a few trees, but that was fine. Scout drones appeared to unveil the massive Hunter. It was in a comatose state and swarmed with ants and other insects that were trying to get into it. Alex grinned. It was going to be pissed off when it woke up.

"Give it the drug. Put it at the mouth of the base. When it's clear, we go in," Alex growled. Hermanubis and Osiris now directed the drones to give the wake up drug. It was quickly placed where it would be easily seen in a camera. When it woke sluggishly, it seethed. Then it felt the biting of insects. Now it roared and bucked around. The reaction was instant.

Like a bunch of ants themselves, the military poured out from the entrance with guns blazing. Several scouts were able to take over a couple men to get more information. The missing men went unnoticed. Alex was quick to claim a soldier to disguise himself next. Osiris and Isis became the forms they needed to start on the scene.

"Sir?!" a leading officer gaped at Osiris.

"This was a surprise inspection! What the fuck is one of those things doing here?!" Osiris growled as Commander John. Isis stood there as Lynette with a notepad in hand.

"It just showed up, Sir!" the man gaped.

"Get rid of it! If that fucker gets in the base, it's your ass! I want everyone deployed now! No exceptions!" he barked.

"Sir, yes, Sir!" the man said and got on the radio. Shock at the Commander's surprise visit was quickly spread through the base. Hermanubis went over to Alex swiftly.

"They're hiding the piece of Mother!" he growled out. "They weren't supposed to be doing what they have been doing to it!"

"Then let's get the fuck in there and rescue her!" Alex snapped. Osiris was quick to push various soldiers out of the way to get into the base. This was expected. He was a high ranking officer and needed to be kept safe. He had the others follow him as though he just chose them as his honor guard. On getting into the base, he smirked. The alarms were on. Doors were getting locked up. The scientists were all quarantined in the level below.