Chapter 73

"Nick is fucking your mother rather hard now," Alex grinned. "Anyways, how far off to China? Are we even remotely close?"

"Another ten minutes, and the base will be reached," Isis said.

"Good. Keep going," he nodded. "How many drones are in the base?"

"Ah..." Osiris blinked. "My Emperor, you're going to laugh."

"What?" Alex asked.

"We can just walk in, if we wanted to," Osiris snickered. Alex rose a brow and grinned wickedly. "Or, we can make it challenging."

"I think a simple walk in, grab what we need, and leave is what we need. I have to get back to your mother. How many humans are left alive?" Alex asked now.

"Just enough to save face. There really aren't that many, now that I think about it. We secured Mother's piece. But...hmm. Okay, there is a problem. Not too big of one, but the piece is protected by drones right now," Osiris frowned.

"Details," Alex ordered.

"Several drones were found. The base is in lockdown, and they are quarantined with the piece. It was a small group that was discovered, though. As to how, a camera suddenly shifted in a non-scheduled rotation and caught them taking over some soldiers. When they got to Mother's piece, the door was bolted and locked. Also, our work is going to be a touch more difficult for the other bases," Isis winced. "Word got out. The remaining bases are now informed that attacks are happening.

"When they tried to contact the other bases and got no response, they knew. However, we do have drones implanted in each base. Quite a few, actually. They say that the news is only told about the Hunter attacks. So, if you think about it, they believe that the bases have become overrun with Hunters. Since the bases go into lockdown, it shuts off all communication as a fail-safe. The others don't know about us visiting right after. Did you want our drones to take over the head officials in charge?"

"I'll have mine do it. I'll know how to make them say what's needed to be said to keep what peace they can. I also believe that once the bases are all destroyed, and all of our bases are inhabited with breeding Kings and Queens, that we can come out of hiding. We will be at our peak. Also, what's going on with that fetus in the egg? The one from your mother's piece?" Alex asked with complete seriousness. "Oh. Never mind. My drone found out. Hmm."

"It's developing swiftly, isn't it?" Sigyn sighed. "And it looks nothing like Mother."

"Well, it wasn't the finished project. The hair looks the same, but the face is different. Agatha's right. She'll have to kill it. She just can't have it develop in her. In my opinion, I think the fetus tried to take her over. Her body rejected it with everything available. If it wasn't for me, I'm sure Agatha would have been killed. At least it's now in a different room with scout drones all over the place. The moment it hatches, she's going to kill it. None of us will be able to stop her," Alex muttered. "She'll be instinctively ingrained to do it."

"My Emperor," Osiris said with a wince. "That fetal egg...it's giving out a painful vibe to my scout drone! Do you feel anything through your drones?"

"No. I don't. I'm too evolved to feel it. My drones can withstand it. But...if you're feeling something..." Alex blinked in thought. "Fuck! We have to get rid of this base and head back! If that thing is going to cause a form a chaos now..."

"Shit," Hermanubis growled. "Mother will have to kill that thing first. Then she'll have to take out the Hunter bitch. There's no other way."

"Or..." Sigyn mused. "can we have the two abominations fight each other? Then Mother can take out the winner?"