Chapter 38

Alex was amused at what Apollo did. Even Robert was grinning a bit wickedly.

"Looks like Apollo grew a set of balls," Alex smirked.

"About time one of them did," Robert agreed. They were walking down a hall towards the cloning chambers to check on the new clones. "So, what's the plan?"

"Osiris is sending in a group of military jar-heads. These are the ones with the massive egos and think that nothing can go wrong," Alex grinned. "I want all of those fuckers to die."

"No breeding studs?" Robert asked.

"I don't need those egotistic fucks running around here. I'll end up killing them. However, if any do survive and meet Hermanubis and Sigyn, I'll let him make the call. If he thinks the survivors should live and are stud quality, they'll be sent here. If he doesn't like them, he'll kill them. He gained your attitude on the thrill of the hunt, you know. I noticed that. Sigyn also seems to sense weaknesses and plants thoughts in others, too. He wants to stay on the island. Sigyn also gained a taste for human flesh when it's char-broiled in different ways. She says it's like...a hearty pork. I'm not gonna let Agatha have any, though."

"I wouldn't," Robert shivered. "Oh. How is she doing? Agatha? Since the new cell was given to her?"

"It's like I'm starting all over again with drone eggs. Not much of a choice. I do have more cells being made, though. It's why we're here," Alex said, as they reached the chamber. There were several large, glass tubes that were empty for full body reconstruction. There was one pool of water that was somewhat murky with new cells being formed in a special solution. The cells couldn't merge together, but they grew stronger. The best ones would sink to the bottom. Those would be collected through a miniscule sieve. Several of Alex's drones were watching them around the clock.

"What do you do with any defective cells?" Robert asked.

"I destroy them," Alex muttered. "I take no chances."

"Agreed," he nodded. "Do you think you could do the same with the kids?"

"Hmm. I could. I'd need more resources, though. Think of that idea to Osiris, and have one of those drones come over here to talk to me," Alex mused. A drone was quickly sent over to show immense agreement to the idea.

"You will receive vials of blood from all that can give them," the blond-haired drone said. This one resembled Robin with the buff chest for the hammer arms. "Will different tubs be needed for solution baths?"

"Yes. I may need to convert another room," Alex sighed. "I can have two solution baths for males and females. When I have enough cells from that breeder pair, I can start on another set. Of course, the room constructed will be made to hold the cells. I may do the special breeders first. Maybe even Dana and Ragland. Agatha's blood is in them, too. Maybe you, too, Commander. Your own cells could reconstruct you."

"You don't have to call me that," Robert muttered.

"But, it's so much fun!" Alex grinned wickedly.

"Fuck you," he smirked. They both grinned now. "When is Agatha due to give birth?"

"Another two hours. It's the new set of breeders, too. I also noticed that the new drones haven't hatched yet. They just started to form. It's as though the wave is restarting itself. Good thing we have plenty out there already. It really is as though she was made completely whole again. I had to reclaim her as my Queen. I did that the moment I was able to."

"Hmm. That has me wonder," Robert thought. He glanced up, as Hermes suddenly ran in and braced himself in front of his father.

"Say. Nothing," his son warned.