Chapter 3: Just a Simple Test of Courage

(Kanashi's POV)

As I ran into the arena I ducted immediately behind a building, hoping I was out of sight. I then ran off to destroy the bots. We were only 30 minutes into the test when almost all the robots were destroyed. I had racked up a decent 60 attack points, while still watching out for Midoriya. The entire time I was on the verge of tears, why didn't I just talk to him. Then there was a rumbling, I looked over to it. It was the no-pointer, but it was huge! I started to run away, but then I stopped. I saw Midoriya run over to a girl that was stuck beneath the rubble of a broken bot. While the no-pointer bot slowly approach the only thing, I did to help was touch one of the robots. It formed into a liquid, and then flew straight to Midoriya wrapping around him to form an armor. Tears then flowed down my face to show was a complete and total loser I was. I then just ran off with the others. Not even looking back.

(Midoriya's POV)

When the test started I immediately lost sight of that boy. That wasn't the only troubling thing, I couldn't find any ROBOTS! I searched and search, but they were all destroyed.

    -Great. -  I thought – Now I'll defiantly not get into U.A.-

Then suddenly the ground started to shake. I looked that way and saw the giant no-pointer robot. First, I wanted to run away with others, but I didn't for some reason. I then spotted the girl that helped me this morning. She was stuck under some of the robot rubble, with the no-pointer robot approaching. Without even thinking, I ran up to the robot. I stopped though when a material started to wrap around my body, I looked back and saw the silver haired boy who looked like he was crying. I tried to speak, but he just ran away. I turned to the robot and jumped up, I then charged up a punch. I had finally got a quirk. The robot basically exploded as I started to fall to the ground. When I was falling, I thought I would die then and there, but once again I was caught by the girl. Who escaped while I destroyed the no-pointer robot. We both landed softly on the ground as the girl looked like she was gonna be sick. I wearily stood up.

    "Thanks.... again."

    "Yeah, thanks for saving me."

I smiled a bit and she smiled back. I then looked around for the boy, but through the crowd of other students I couldn't find him.

~ Time Skip ~

So, I was accepted to U.A. on a complete fluke. Turns out there was a secret category for Rescue Points, which I got the maximum points for it. So, it was my first day at U.A. High I was super excited. For one of two reasons. It was U.A. High for heaven's sake! The best school for up and coming heroes. Also, I'm completely certain that, that boy got in. From what I saw his quirk is amazing. I was walking to class 1-A which is the one I was in. Once I opened the door I was greeted by the same girl,

    "Oh hello, um "

She was trying to remember my name even though I didn't tell her,

    "Oh its—

I got cut off,

    "DEKU!"

I immediately knew that was Bakugou.

    "How'd you get in!"

I chuckled nervously.

    "Um well- "

I was cut off once again by a guy that was behind me.

    "Geez you students are so loud. Get in your seats or your expelled."

We all rushed to our seat, but just as I sat down I saw the boy his face shoved into a book. His eyes following along with the words. He wasn't paying attention to anyone. I had the urge to talk to him, but I stayed in my seat.