Chapter 8: It(He) Eases My Pain

(Kanashi's POV)

I didn't really want Midoriya seeing my "House". It was just a small apartment with a bed, small kitchen, and a bathroom. Also, it wouldn't' help that there was a used knife that was crusted a bit with my blood. Since my parents disowned me I began committing self-harm the pain seemed to help with my depression. Everyday though I put on a fake smile and went on with my life. We were now closing the distance to my house, my house wasn't in the best area and I was a bit surprised to see no reaction from Midoriya who was walking me home. As we approached my building we climbed the stairs him helping me. We soon arrived at my door and I stopped while I inserted the key,

"Um c-could you wait o-out here for second?"

He looked at me confused as I re-adjusted my glasses.

"Um okay."

I unlocked the door and walked inside. I put some dishes back into the cabinet and then threw away the trash that was strung on the floor. Then finally I grabbed the knife and put it in the bathroom medicine cabinet. I sighed with relief as I walked back to the door and opened it inviting him inside. He walked in and I took off my uniform blazer, which I paid for with my part-time job.

"Um sit on the floor, I guess. Um sorry I don't have much furniture."

He nodded and then sat down on the carpet. I sat down with him,

"So why are you –"

"I wanna make sure your all right. I called my mom and everything she's fine with it."

I looked at him curiously and then down at my hands.

"Why um do you care about me? We did only official meet today."

He put a finger to his mouth and then smiled at me.

"Well you seem like a nice guy and you're pretty cool. I mean your quirk is amazing!"

I smiled back and I could tell I was blushing a bit, but I just hoped he wouldn't notice.

"Um could I use your restroom?"

I nodded and then pointed to the small compartment to our left.

He smiled and then walked over there closing the door. I then got up to search through my cabinets for a snack or something. I did, but then I slipped falling onto the floor. I felt a liquid start to run down my arm. I looked a saw red flowing out of my most recent "therapy". I rushed to the kitchen to try to stop the bleeding, before Midoriya would come out of the bathroom, but I heard the door furiously open behind me.

(Midoriya's POV)

When we arrived at Kanashi's home, I felt sorry for him. When he finally allowed me to enter I saw it was very small. There was a small bed with some covers on it pushed up against the wall, a small kitchen and a door to what I'm guessing what was the bathroom. We talked a bit and then I had to go to the restroom. I politely asked him and then went. Once I had finished I went to the sink and looked around for the soap. I eventually opened the medicine cabinet still in search for the soap. My eyes widened at what I found. I gently picked up the knife and looked it over seeing the blood. I then busted open the door,

"Kanashi! What is th-"

I saw him hunched over the counter in the kitchen. He turned his head to look at me, his eyes widened with fear.

"I-Izuku I um can e-explain."

I walked over to him and snatched his wrist and pulled back the sleeve. I then saw a multitude of scars, and one that was dripping fresh blood. I looked back up at his face. He was looked on the verge of tears.

"Kanashi...why?"

He started to cry, tears streaming down his face.

"It's too m-much."

He tried to pry his wrist away, but he failed.

"I c-can't deal with everything."

He started to sob intensely. He looked just like me 10 months ago, a huge crybaby. Still holding his wrist, I did the only thing I could think of in that moment. I pulled him into a hug, he was obviously surprised, because he stopped sobbing for a second and then continued to cry. Wrapping his other arm around me. He then crumpled to the floor, me going with him. We just sat there for a few minutes. Kanashi continuing to sob. He then started to stop and he sat up and rubbed his eyes. He sniffled and then he fell back onto me. I smiled a bit, he was surprisingly a lot like me, before I started training with All-Might. He wrapped his arms around me, and even though he was a bit taller than me half-of his body was sprawled out of the flooring. So, I was staring down at his silver colored hair, his hair still smelled like vanilla. I loved that smell. I could feel his body relax next and then I could feel his breath start to slow. I then realized he had fallen asleep, I smiled and put a hand to his hair. His hair was soft, kinda like a kitten or a cat. Random, but that's how it felt. I then picked him up and brought him over to his bed. Then I laid him down and decided it was time to take my leave. Just as I was leaving though Kanashi grabbed the end of my sleeve.

"P-Please don't go..."

I blushed an insane red and then smiled sheepishly.

"O-Okay I won't"

I crawled next to him and laid down. He then scooted closer to me so our faces were inches apart. I blushed even more and then smiled a bit. He was cute while he was sleeping. I then took a big jump and I gently pressed my lips on his nose. I blushed a ton, as I then saw Kanashi blushing even though he was deep in sleep. I chuckled a bit and then fell asleep next to the silver haired boy.