escaped

chapter 5: escaped

Wow. Just wow. There was nothing really like that kiss. It wasn't that steamy makeout session my friends always talk about. It was soft, and short, but it meant something.

"I'm sorry I shouldn't have done that I-" West was looking mighty scared at that exact time.

"No, no don't be sorry. Thank you actually." I was pulling at a thread dangling from my sweater.

"For what?"

"I don't know. Just that I guess." I shrugged a little, looking down at my feet.

"Well there's more where that came from." He was smirking. 

I felt my blood pressure go up in unmeasurable amounts. "Oh really now?" Jen sound sexy, Jen sound mysterious, Jen sound cool, calm, and collected. 

"Yes really." He was moving closer and closer with his arms wide, waiting for me to be in them. 

I was just about to enter the cuddling zone when I see a bullet shot an inch from my nose.

"WHAT THE FUCK." Me and West ducked, thinking there was more where that came from. 

"Are you okay Jen? Are you still here Jen? Hello? Jen!"

"Hi, hey, I'm right here. I'm fine, what about you?"

"Um, yeah I think so." Okay good. He's fine, I'm fine. But there is still some freaky physco dude probably just outside the house. He was holding me really close in this protective "mama bear" kind of way. I liked it. 

"Kay. West on the count of three." I was counting down slowly with my fingers. 1, 2,-

"Wait, what on the count of three??"

"RUN NOW!!!!!"

"Okay, okay, okay!!!" We're in this strange kind of buzz, like everything in the past and future was sliding past our eyes as we run, and run, and run. 

"This is me!!! Running! Are you happy yet?" West was looking really scared. We were running and although I love talking to West, we gotta run or else we'll be shishkabob-ed with a bullet. 

"Oh! Sorry! I didn't know a big, bad, jocky, quarterback could be so scared. Especially more scared than a girl."

"Hey I'm big, and bad. And so what if girl is more brave than me? There's no difference." Note to self: West is not a sexist ass.

We're still running. We can't see his house anymore. All I see are a bunch of cars that do not belong to the police lined up all the way down the block. "We made it, we escaped." West told me that with such relief, I was almost relieved too. Almost. All I keep thinking is, shit. They found me.