I don't understand

chapter 7: I don't understand

"Come on don't you feel a little bit happy? We just outran pshycos that tried to kill us!" West was awfully happy for someone who almost got shot in the head.

"No. No! They just tried to kill us. Doesn't that mean something to you?" 

"They're jsut crazy. No one would just want to kill someone without having a good reason right?" Uhhhhhh small problem, they wanted to kill me!!!!

"Yeah about that..."

"What?" West looked confused. Confused with those perfect, twinkly green eyes.

                                                  -----------------------------------------------------------

"Wow" Was his reaction to telling him my story. 

There's no really good way of reacting to it. Some people would get scared, others angry, but West knew that I didn't mean to. 

"All I have is one question, why?" 

"I don't know. I felt unloved, I needed to do something to get their attention." It's true, they've ignored me my whole life. "Just please don't hate ok?"

"Ok. Can I tell you a secret?" I was curious. 

"Sure..."

"I've always kind of liked you." WTF.

"Oh my god really? Because I've always really like you too!!! You're really amazing and nice and popular and did I mention the abs? This is just so- wait. What about Glitch?" Hot damn.

"I've been meaning to break up with her. I didn't want to hurt her."

So many questions were spinning through my head. Why did he like me? When'd he start? What will happen to Glitch?

"No. No. Stop it. Just stop!

"What did I do?"

"You're with Glitch, and I'm with Aaron and that's the way it's supposed to be."

"Then tell me you didn't feel something in that kiss." It's true. Sparks did fly taylor swift.

"It-it doesn't matter ok? Just stop."

"Ok."

I went back to collecting wood for the fireplace. I can't believe West out of all people was there. I don't want my not-supposed-to-be-crush with me during this whole running away experience. I can't handle being around him with out wanting to rip his clothes off. Seriously God? Seriously. Glitch is at home probably worrying herself silly because her boyfriend and bestfriend eloped or something. I need to talk to her. Damn. I forgot my cellphone at home. If I learned anything, I learned that you need to take care of the people you care about. Ironic right? It's true, you can't hurt someone even if you didn't mean to. I just never want to hurt my bestfriend. Because I know that through and through; she will always be there for me.