heartache

chapter 10: heartache

One drip of the blood fell into my mouth. I could taste the salty taste of the liquid that once flowed through West's veins. You can imagine I got quite upset after that. I walked around for hours and hours goiing nowhere until I was too tired to lift a foot. I was spending so much time thinking about the body that I forgot to eat something. So I went into a convenience store hoping to get some hotdogs. 

"Hi, excuse me. How much is one hotdog?" I asked. "1 dollar ma'am." he replied. I dug around my pocket hopoing for some change. I found one dollar and twenty-five cents, I put the coins in my palm holding them out to the cashier. "Sorry, this is all I got." I said. "You look pretty hungry so it's fine." he said. "Thank you" i said. I ate my hotdog like it was the first thing I had in months. After I threw it in the garbage can and slowly walked out of the convenience store hoping to find somewhere to stay. 

I wandered into an IT cafe. I used one of the computers. I heard something inside the machinery and checked behind it. Inside the computer, delicately placed, was a yellow sticky note. The words "How to hack" was scribbled at the top. Okay. This is probably some dumb joke that an idiot put here to waste other people's time. But why was it hidden? I tried it just because I had nothing else to do. "1. Put in -fitsgeraldnetwork- as username. 2. Put in -3088294- as password" I did all of that. As I pressed enter the screen blacked out, then came back except the account it said I was on was some guy named Danny Stein. The credit card number on here! Jen you are a good person. Good people do not take other good people's money. But, good people should also share their wealth to those in need. After a couple minutes of mental frustruation, I finally decided to take some money. I clicked the $20 icon. That should help me get started. I took the sticky note with me just in case I ever needed it. 

I took the twenty dollars to rent out a night a crappy motel. I tucked the twenty dollars deep inside the pillow case before I went to bed. I slept like a baby even though only five short hours ago, my only friend and companion was slit in the throat.