Chapter 6

Chance

I woke up with Ryland laying on my chest. I grabbed my phone off the night stand and looked at it. 12:32 am. I gently moved her off of me and got dressed. She started to stir in her sleep. She rolled over and looked at me.

"Where you goin?" she asked.

"I gotta get home baby. I don't even have clothes for me to go to school in the morning." I said headed towards the door. She got up, threw on a big tee shirt, and followed me.

"Bring a bag to school tomorrow so you can stay with me." 

"Okay baby." I reached the front door. "Shit, Ry, you gotta move the 'Vette so I can get out." 

She walked into to the kitchen and grabbed her keys. I got into my car and waited. I backed out and watched her walk to my car. I got out and leaned against the hood and pulled her to me.

"I love you bae." I said into her neck.

"I love you too." she said wrapping her arms around my neck. She started kissing my neck.

"Chill ma," I said laughing. 

"Tahaha, okay babe." she said looking at me. I kissed her.

"Bye baby." I said getting into my car.

"Bye." I watched her walk into the house.

"Got foreign bitces menagin, fuckin, suckin, and swallowing. Anything for a dollar, they tell me get 'em i got 'em. I did it without an album. I did shit with Mariah. Lil nigga im on fire." I sang along with Meek Mill. My phone rang. "Hello?"

"Yo, come to the trap, right now!" It sounded like Malichai, but I wasn't sure, so I asked. "Who is this?"

"Chai, man, come on." he said.

"Aight aight. I'm comin." I drove down Coe Block.

I pulled up about ten minutes later. I got out and walked up to the porch. I dapped everybody up. 

"Yo, whats up," I said dapping Malichai, "why you called me over here so late."

"Bruh, 7SP just blasted on Reace." My heart sank. Reace was my sister.

"Where she at? Is she okay? Is she in the hos-" he cute me off.

"She at Saint Rose. She was with Lil' Nico. He just called me."

"Fuck!" I yelled slamming my fist on the table in front of me. I ran out the trap headed to Saint Rose. 

***

I walked into the ER looking for the registration counter. 

"How may I help you." the nurse said.

"I'm looking for Reace Walker." I said.

"Oh, she was just admitted sir. Relationship?"

"I'm her brother."

"Biological?"

"Yes, bitch, now where she at?"

"Sir, please calm down."

"Look, don't tell me to fuckin calm down." I yelled. Lil' Nico walked around the corner and dragged me to the waiting room. 

"Family of Reace Walker." the doctor came out and said.

"That's me." I said standing up, walking to him. Lil' Nico walked up behind me.

"She made it out of surgery. The bullet went straight through her left shoulder. She's gonna be okay."

"Can I see her?" I asked. 

"Yeah, she's in room 121."

I walked down the hall to room 121. I opened the door and peaked in. She was laying there in a cast, staring out of the window. She looked over at me and smiled.

"Who did this to you?"

"I can only tell you what she looked like." 

"Okay, so tell me." I said walking towards her bed.

"She had caramel skin. Long wavy dark brown hair. And a purple bandana on. She had a baby face too, and really fat cheeks." 

"Is that all?" I asked.

"Oh, and she had a tattoo on the base of the back of her neck."

"What was the tattoo?"

"A purple infiniti sign."

Why did that sound familiar to me. 

"Look, imma go. Lil' Nico gone be here if you need anything." I turned around and dapped up Lil' Nico. I walked out of the room. It's time for payback, and it's gonna be a bitch.