Chapter Twenty: I Said That?

Two more days before Toriel's birthday, you couldn't help but get excited.

For some reason, Mettaton somehow tricked Toriel into getting the perfect dress for her birthday. Everything was planned by Mettaton's brilliant mind.

Asgore invited Toriel for a sleep-over a day before her actual birthday. Undyne and Alphys decided to come along, reassuring Toriel that it would be alright. Thankfully, she didn't grow suspicious when you told her you didn't want to come. 

Everything was set. The props, the flavor of the cake, entertainments, and even the guests. Everyone was busy as they either shout or explain their ideas for Toriel's party. Mettaton handled them well.

After a long day of deciding the things you need for Toriel's party, you finally had the honour to sit and rest. You haven't saw the short skeleton for a while after his incident. But you heard he was doing well.

You watched Frisk in a distance, watching the child play with a yellow reptile wearing the same striped clothing as Frisk but with different colors and lacks a pair of arm. The creature looked a lot like Alphys, like a dinosaur.

Suddenly, you let out a startled yelp as you felt someone place their hand on you're shoulder. You turn around and saw the lovable short skeleton wearing his usual lazy grin. "Sans!!" You exclaimed as you tackled him for a hug.

The skeleton stood there, dumbfounded for a few seconds before finally regaining back consciousness. "whoa, easy there, kiddo." Sans chuckled rather wearily, but you continued to clung unto him. As if he was going to just . . . vanish. "jeez, kid, did you really miss me that much?"

You didn't answer, because you knew he knows. So he finally decided to stay silent and let you engulf him in a longing hug as he caress your hair gently. Relieved to have finally touched your hair once more. You clutched his jacket tightly, the thought of what he said the moment he woke up passed by your mind.

"Sans," you called, feeling his chest vibrate as he responded with a lazy hum, ". . . what do you mean?" You asked, but he didn't reply. "What do you mean," you repeated slowly this time, but it seems he still hadn't caught on. "When you asked me if I was finally yours again?" You added and his entire body tensed after that.

"i-i-i," he stuttered and slowly trailed off, you craned your neck to meet his panicked gaze. But as it met yours, it was gone in a blink of an eye, and he finally composed himself into the usual lazy skeleton he was. "i said that?" He rephrased as he casually avoided your gaze and look at something else. "i probably didn't mean it." He added and a part of your heart somehow ached at it. "i'm a bonehead after all." He joked, but it was a half-hearted joke. It didn't make you laugh no matter how corny it was.

Because you knew—you felt that it wasn't true.

But what did you do?

You faked a chuckle. You LIED. "You really are a bonehead, Sans." You told him instead. His entire body seemed to grow tenser than it did before, but slowly . . . it loosened itself as Sans finally put his attention to you.

He continued to wear that lazy grin of his, but his eyes that bore into yours screamed something else. Something . . . unknown. And it made your stomach churn. What had got this skeleton so bothered?

"Y/n?" A deep alluring voice called and you turned on your heels to see Grillby standing behind you.

"Grill—"

"I didn't know Sans was here?" He pointed out, his tone reeks of a very familiar emotion. "Actually, what are you doing here?" Jealousy. "Shouldn't you be in bed, resting?" Grillby barked.

But instead of barking and fighting back, Sans shrugged and gave the man a weary grin. "relax, grillz. don't get too heated on me. i only stopped by to say hello and remind everyone i'm not dead." He shrugged rather casually, both of his eyes were closed as his weary grin hung at the edge of his mouth, "you don't have to threaten me."

His eyes glared unto Grillby's and the two stayed like that for a while. The atmosphere changed. It became heavy and hot. It took them both a while and Sans was the first one to pull away. "welp, hothead is right. i should really go to bed and rest." Sans said as he turned on his heel and walked the other way. But before he could leave, he turned right back around with a hand out of his pocket. He seems to be holding something.

"by the way, here's my pay for the tab." He threw something that you successfully caught. It was a rugged sack. You opened it.

It was a sack of gold coins.

Grillby gracefully took the sack of gold and hid it in his pocket. If Sans was paying his tab . . . then . . . what exactly does that mean?

"Do not over think, Y/n." Grillby reminded you as he held into your hand. "Come, let's go somewhere."

🔥•🔥•🔥

Hi.

And yes, I'm alive.

🎉🎉🎊

Sorry if you thought I was dead, and sorry if you hoped I was dead.

Just finished taking exams, I'm supposed to be studying for a quiz but . . . nah, I'll manage to wing it.

So . . . February, huh?

There's only two things that teenagers are gladly excited for during February.
It's either Valentine's or Prom.

And in my case, it's probably Prom Night. Considering I'm a freaking loner!!

Anywho, it's weird how our Prom starts at March. It was supposed to be held at the 25th of February, but . . . life's all about changing plans, is it?

I'm actually excited, but nervous.

I have no idea how many of you here knows my gender, tho.

But, yeah. I came by to say I'm not dead . . . yet. And I plan to stay that way until after Prom Night.

So, uh, yeah.

See ya.