Chapter 16

I carried her over to one of the couches and I laid her there. I ripped her shirt open to expose the huge wound on her stomach. I know, I know, I'm pretty disgusted by ripping my own mother's shirt off. Don't judge me, she's dying.

I put my hand on the wound and she winced. It was a pretty big hole, like the had stabbed her with a traffic pole or something. Luckily there was no exit wound or things would be worse. I'm not a doctor, but the way her insides looked, she wasn't gonna make it through the night. Luckily, I had friends that were better than doctors, hybrids. I called Ben over and told him to bite his wrist. He looked at me like I was crazy.

"FUCKING DO IT!!" I yelled, then went back to cupping my hands around my mother's face. Her eyes were starting to close and she was fighting desperately to keep them open.

"Have you been drinking?" She asked. With all this going on, she still had the strength to ask me shit like that. Her eyes started to close again and I shook her arm,

"Mom, stay with me. Don't close your eyes, no matter what you do, don't close them." I said. I looked at her face and I hated myself for even arguing with her in the first place. Everything she did was for us and I paid her back by leaving.

"Aidan...." She said.

"Yes." I answered, a bit too eagerly.

"I'm... I'm sorry." She said, then exhaled.

"No, no mom, you have nothing to be sorry about. I was an idiot, I overreacted. You were protecting me. I should be the one apologizing." I said as I stroked her cheeks. She smiled weakly and closed her eyes.

"No, no, mom look at me." I said. She didn't open them,

"LOOK AT ME!!" I yelled at her. I put my hand on her wound and pushed. Her eyes flew open and she screamed in pain.

"Do NOT close your eyes." I said. I looked at Ben and he still hadn't bitten his wrist.

"What the fuck are you waiting for?" I said. He bit into his wrist and I grabbed his arm and held it up to my mom's mouth.

"Mom, drink." I said.

"No, no. I can't be a vampire. Repulsive creatures." She said.

"You wont be a vampire, cause you're not gonna die." I said. She nodded and drank from Ben's wrist. After a couple of gulps, she put her head back down and looked at me,

"Can I sleep now?" She asked. I looked at her wound and it was already starting to heal. I sighed and looked at her, nodding. She smiled and closed her eyes, going to sleep.
~~~~~~
I got up from the chair I had been sitting on for the past 2 days. I stretched my legs and walked over the window. I saw the others chilling near the pool, probably talking about what to do about me. Unfortunately, due to the fact that I wasn't one of them anymore, I couldn't listen in on the conversation. I heard the bed creak and I looked over at my mom. She was up! For the first time since she dropped in on us, she was up. She sat up on her bed and looked at me. I walked over to her and sat back on my chair.

"How are you feeling?" I asked her.

"I've been better." She said with a smile. I smiled back and grabbed her hand, caressing it. The door opened and Ben walked in with the rest of the pack. They all greeted her and asked her how she felt before pulling up chairs around her bed.

"I know you just woke up Mrs. Creed." Ben said.

"Please, call me Becca." She said, interrupting.

"Becca." Ben corrected himself,

"But we need to know what happens to you." She nodded and got in a comfortable position before she started speaking.

"I was at my desk, working as I usually do around this time of night. This time I couldn't stop thinking about my conversation with Aidan." She started. I looked down, embarrassed.