Chapter Five

The next time I woke up, it was to someone shaking me awake. It was Piper.

"Hey," she said after I'd opened my eyes and shooed her away from me.

"I don't like to be touched," was all I said before I walked out of the room. I ended up just standing in the hallway because I didn't know where to go.

"The stairs are this way," Piper said as she started walking. I waited a minute and then followed her until we got outside where Chiron and the same people who had helped look at the trees yesterday were.

"I'm leaving," I said and began to walk away.

Someone reached out and grabbed my arm and said, "You had a dream about the problem, didn't you?"

"How-"

"The look in your eyes. I've had the same look before," he said.

"Oh," I said like an idiot. Then I decided I would find out where the cave was and fix this dilemma. "I'm leaving now."

That didn't end up happening. I may be a good fighter but I wasn't about to take on five people and a centaur, I was smarter than that. All of them stood in small circle around me, blocking me from walking away.

"Will you tell us about your dream?" implored the boy who I believe said his name was Percy.

"I'm good," I said annoyed. I didn't need anybody to help me because I was the only person who knew why this was happening and how to fix it. That is when a kid that looked about my age ran up.

"Chiron," she said, "There is a new prophecy." She said all of this without even noticing me, or so it seemed until she looked at me. She had been the girl from my dream.

"What is the prophecy Kayla?" questioned Chiron.

"The trio sent to save the trees; Shall be wary of all things set in threes;" she said. She paused for a moment as if recalling the other lines. After about minute she continued, "Daughter of the oldest stars; Must save the world and raise the bars."

"A quest is now in order," Chiron said. He started saying, "We need to figure out who-"

"I know two of the three that have to go," I interrupted.

"Who are they?" Annabeth asked, she seemed to know the same way Percy had that I had a dream about the prophecy.

"Her," I said pointing at the girl who had been in my dream. Then I added, "And me as well." The girl seemed surprised but she noticed me looking at her and then turned to Chiron.

"I think that Lou Ellen should be the third person. She is the daughter of magic and the predicament seems to be based around some magical force," she said all of it very quickly.

"Very well. Unless-"

"I agree," I said, "Let's just get this over with."

"You can leave tomorrow morning. For now get ready and alert Lou Ellen about the quest. We must know if she will go or not. If not tell me immediately but if so just continue what you are doing." Chiron said.

"Am I allowed to leave for the day and just come back tomorrow?" I questioned Chiron hopefully.

"How do I know that you will come back?" he asked. It was a fair question. If I was him I wouldn't have trusted me to comeback either.

"Because this involves more than just helping you. It involves helping me as well." With that I left to collect my few things from the tree where I technically live.