Chapter One

One moment I was laying in the large branch of my tree in the woods, the next moment I was on the ground, the section of the large branch I was on beside me. I hadn’t even heard the branch crack beneath me. That’s when I heard the hard footsteps of running behind me and the unmistakable howl of hellhounds. The noises were getting closer as I jumped back into the tree, climbed a short ways up, and readied the short, glowing blades of my celestial bronze knives. What I saw was surprising: three demigods running from not two, but three hellhounds. For that many to be chasing them they either used a phone or had a powerful demigod in their little group. They stopped to fight and were doing a pretty pitiful job of it. They managed to kill one of them, causing it to explode into yellow dust. However, even with three of them they seemed tired and were slowly being overtaken by the second and third. Lazily I threw one knife at each of the remaining hellhounds hitting them both perfectly. As they exploded into dust the three looked around tired and confused. The looks on their faces were so funny that I had to laugh, giving away my hiding spot in the tree. They all looked up at me and I climbed down from my branch in the tree. As I reached the lower branches I jumped down and landed softly on my feet, barely making a sound. I moved swiftly, quickly to my knife left in the pile of monster dust, even though I figured these demigods were no threat to me, I grabbed it just in case.

“Who are you?” asked one of the three. He was a boy with blond hair and shockingly blue eyes. He watched me warily, holding his sword in his hand-imperial gold by the looks of it. He looked ready to pounce on me any second if I made a single wrong move.

“Why should I tell you?” I said smirking mischievously. He thought about it for a while before he answered.

“I’m Jason. This is Piper and Leo.” He said pointing at a girl with dark brown hair going down the back of her head in a messy braid and a boy with black, curly hair and elfish features. “Again, who are you?”

“Caz,” I sighed. This kid would have just kept asking me, getting on my nerves. “Next time don’t let yourself get cornered.” I said. With that I left them, all three of them had their mouths open wide. I smiled. The look on their faces when I just walked away was priceless. I sat in the same tree as earlier and braided my perfectly straight, long, silver hair. It may seem weird but I have naturally silver hair and eyes, it wasn’t just the silver of a quarter, it was much more metallic.