CHAPTER FOUR

My body swung in every direction possible. Twisting at odd angles. I was thrust forward and upward. Guided by forces pushing me through folded spaces of this world. But they weren't confining me. They were liberating me.

Suddenly, it was all gone. The lightness and the feeling of freedom, all vaporized. They were replaced by a feeling of agony as my body hit the ground with full force. I tumbled forward until I lay flat on my stomach. I opened my eyes and saw grass and trees. As I turned on my back and saw a sky bejeweled with a thousand tiny diamonds. It was beautiful. I pulled myself off the ground and got a better look around. It was the spot we had landed the helicopter. Close enough.

I kept walking and walking, trying to retrace the path we took before, until I reached the attacking point. Then I tried to remember which way I went to reach the shed. It was hard not to re-live the horrors that happened here once again.

A rain drop landed gracefully on my cheek. Another. And another. Soon enough, the sky was pouring. It was as if Mother Nature herself was weeping over what had happened here. I walked faster.

There it was; the wooden shed.

I opened the door then lingered my way inside. The boy's head shot up to face me. He almost looked surprised to see me back.
"You're back?" he asked.
"I told you I'd come back by nightfall, didn't I?" I gave him a pale smile and then edged closer. I sat down just beside him and as I started getting out the first aid, he took off his shirt. It was dark. I looked around for anything to light the shed. To my right, I saw an electric generator.

Okay, I can do this, I told myself. "Ignis," I whispered, pointing my fingers at the generator. The boy stared, trying to hide his astonishment as blue sparks shot out of my hands. With a hum, the generator started and lit up some light bulbs. I looked at his face and for the first time I noticed the emerald green eyes he had.

"Okay, so you're a werewolf so all we need to do for you to heal faster, is close up the wound." He nodded only once, clearly in pain.

"What's your name?" he asked while I was getting out a knife from my boot. It wasn't silver this time.
I thought about it for a moment. "Dawn."
"Nathan... Black."
"Okay, Nathan. This will hurt... A lot." Nathan's jaw tensed then he closed his eyes.
"Do it," he breathed.

"Aestus," I said it over and over until the knife's blade was hot enough. I brought the knife to the wound. As soon as the blade touched his skin, a scream that turned into a low growl escaped his mouth. His eyes turned golden just like their alpha. I guess pain was a trigger for his wolf form. Wait, I thought only an alpha's eyes turn this colour?
"Don't wolf out on me," I told him as I kept sealing the wound.
"I won't."

I held his hands and repeated some spells to take away some of his pain while I torched his skin. Minutes later the wound was sealed. Sweat beaded on both of our foreheads. Nathan's breathing was heavy but even. I took out some ointment and spread it over the blazed skin then started bandaging it all up.

"Here, I got you this. It's some dried fruit and water."
"Thank you." He looked down at the bag of dried fruits then looked up at me again." Why don't you just leave? I mean, you're obviously not the murdering type. Just teleport yourself out of here."
I chuckled. "I can't."

"Why not?" he pressed on.
"As you may already know, they're smart and strategic. They inject us with potions that helps them control and regulate our powers. They can't just expect people with our powers not to fall out of line. This potion only has a limited reach in correspondence to our base, though. Right now, I'm at the edge of that reach."
"What happens when you go out of reach?"
"The potion that drains your power only to a limit starts to drain everything. It drains out the life from you. In other words, I die."

Our eyes met for a moment too long before I looked away. I stood and handed him the sheet and the shirt I got so he can cover himself for the night.
"I should leave. I'll be back to check on your wound one last time tomorrow then you're on your own," I said. He nodded.

"Is Dawn your true name?" he asked just before i stepped outside.
"Myra... Ashburn."
"Good night, Dawn."
I smile. "Good night, Nathan."
And he returned it with an even bigger smile.
-----------

Soooo what did y'all think ?! Tell me your thoughts in the comments!

P.S: If y'all have any music suggestions, I'm all ears! I've got a pretty diverse taste I promise.
It's just that the music in here is kinda the stuff that just fits the mood, so the music you suggest might either be put up on a chapter that fits or gets downloaded onto my phone (lol xD) which would be great either way!

Comment~vote~follow!
Sohaila xx