CHAPTER SIX

The wounds looked fine. When I reached the shed Nathan wasn't slumped against the wall as I left him; he stood up as soon as I entered.

"So, I changed the bandage one last time. Pretty sure you will be completely healed soon so you can leave now."
The friendliness in my voice surprised me. Note the sarcasm. In all honestly, I didn't want him to leave. I wasn't sure why but I just didn't. But I also didn't want him to stay. What was he supposed to do here? I looked at the clock on my entertainment device; 8:20 pm.
We stared at each other for a second before I told him, "I guess this is goodbye then. Take care of yourself, Nathan."

"Dawn! Wait!" I turned back to him. "I'm not leaving yet. Look, I've been thinking about what you said yesterday. About the potion thing. I will help you get out. Call it returning a favor."

I was glaring at him now. Get out? Get out as in going back home, as in not being an assassin anymore? My lips parted to say something but the words came out different. "Why?" was all I answered with.

"Why did you help me?" he asked with a smirk. I could feel my heart pounding against my chest like an animal that wants to get out of its cage.
"Just hear what I have to say first, okay? I don't think you like being a mass murderer, do you?"

Each word that he had just said was like a hammer hitting me hard.
"Okay," I whispered. But the fact was that I didn't really want to know what his plan was. I was scared. Terrified, actually. I had learned to accept the reality that I lived and I was afraid to get my hopes up only to get them shattered. False hopes are a dangerous thing. False hopes could kill us all.

"So you say it's a potion, do you remember it's colour?" he started.
"Black."
"Okay, black. What about the consistency and the dose? How much do you take and how often?"
"It's not that thick and not that dilute. Sort of has the consistency of condensed milk. We take it once every month, so if my math is correct, and most of the time it is, we took 29 shots, each was about 5 milligrams."

"Right. Well, I'll need a sample of your blood."
"I'm sorry, what?"
"I'll need it so I can take it to someone I know. He can help. Pretty sure he knows everything there is to know about potions and that witchy stuff. He takes your blood and determines exactly what the components of that potion was and how to reverse its affects. And now that you told me the doses you took so now we know the amount we need."

"What about my friends? There are 2 others; Luke and Judith." I know I was kind of greedy but these were my friends!

"Look, I'll see what I can do but I'm not promising anything. Your my number one priority right now," he paused for a second then went on. "Some paths you'll have to take alone, princess."

I looked through the window. The stars were much clearer out here where there are no lights from the patrols. I couldn't believe what I was hearing. I would have never in my wildest dreams imagine that I had a chance of getting out... Going home.

"So do we have a deal, Ashburn?" he had this mischievous smile on his face and somehow even his eyes were smiling. I noticed his arm reached out.
I took his hand. "Deal."
I calmed down the excitement.

Better be cautiously optimistic about this.
------
Ooooh!!! Whatcha think 'bout the deal?! Think she's finally gonne get out?!
And can we talk about the fact that I uploaded and edited this during science class!Well, at least now it's a bit less boring...

Guys I just want to thank everyone who is still with me till now! Y'all rock!

Ps: up top is one of my favourite songs from the band Nothing But Thieves. I seriously love them!

Vote~comment~follow

Sohaila xx