CHAPTER EIGHT

I held the stone I picked up the prior day before I teleported back into the quarters. Nicely, I asked Nathan to see me one last time on the following day. I was meant to meet him in an hour. I looked at my new ring; it was beautiful. When I got a closer look at it, I noticed that it was made of copper and the part of it that actually changed colour was a carved stone that covered the outer circumference of the ring. I rolled the stone between my fingers then threw it lightly on my night table as I sat on the side of my bed. Only it didn't land. I held it in mid air and focused on it, then took off my ring and placed it on my right palm. Slowly and quietly, I started the spell. "Duo ligare." Bind the two. "Duo ligare." Both the ring and the stone started to dimly glow.

I had made an agreement with Nathan that he should leave since I didn't need him here anymore. It sounded like an awful thing to say but really it was in his best interest to leave this wretched place. Plus, I can give myself the doses. That was the last time I would see him before he left for good.

Okay, ready, I thought to myself before the ground started shaking, or maybe it was only my legs. That part of teleportation always did confuse me.

I stood at the door of the shed. I breathe in once then enter. Nathan stood staring through the dusty window sill. He turned to face me as he heard the creaking wooden tiles under my feet. God, that smile again...
"Hi," I said.
"Hey!"

"Thanks for coming. I know it's not exactly where you would rather be right now."
"I don't mind."
"I got you something." I threw him the tiny pebble that now had thin blue lines running through it like veins.
"Well, I mean it's a beautiful rock..." he teased.
"It's bound with my ring. As long as we both keep our tokens with us, we can find each other. Just whisper my true name to the pebble 3 times and you will know where I am."
His eyes shot up to me. "Thank you, Dawn. For everything. "
I grin humbly. "You should go. I'll see you again soon."
"Promise?" he said sheepishly.
"Promise," I replied
---------

Yeah so this chapter is really short but it's important so... double update! Yay!

Vote-comment-follow!

Sohaila xx