Chapter Seven: Dean

Dean paced angrily around the library, Opal was still in her room and he was getting antsy. Finally he stormed in

"Alright kid what are you doing" Dean yelled, slamming open the bathroom door. She was on the floor, bleeding. 

"What the...CAS YOUR GIRLFRIENDS IN TROUBLE" Dean yelled and went to kneel down next to her but Cas appeared and threw him back.

"OPAL" Cas fell to his knees and lifted her placing his hand on the wound, it healed, and she gasped crying softly out as it sewed itself shut with his magic. He laid her down and she looked up sadly and murmured

"What happened" He asked softly

"A girl who showed up, stabbed me, weird knife" she whimpered. He laid a hand on her throat and healed the bruises

"That was a scary man at the place we went to get clothes" she sighed, Cas lifted her and walked into her room, laying her onto her bed, then he left, Dean following. Cas leaned over the table a moment, Dean went to put a hand on Cas's shoulder but he turned and punched Dean square in the mouth.

"You we're supposed to protect her and now I have to leave her with you, not even with Sam, with you so be careful with her"

and with that Cas was gone. Dean growled and walked back to Opal's room to check on her, she was curled up her side. Dean sighed and sat next to her on the bed. She whimpered softly. Dean sighed and looked over. 

"You know, when I was in purgatory...a creature, I don't remember what it was, did to me what the man at the mall did, I thought I would die. That was the worst thing that happened in purgatory, the beautiful thing  I always gave to people, he took, as the angel who fathered me did to my mother to create me." she said, soft and sad. Dean gripped the edge of the bed. 

"Then she raised me until I was twelve, and then I started showing signs of not being just fae. My wings were considered abominable, and so to keep me from having more power than the rest of the fae they would cut me and bleed me until I was weaker than everyone else. Eventually I just did it by myself. Castiel and Gabriel came and saved me, and I continued doing it, that's why I have so many scars. It kept my powers on the low, but Cassy and Gabe knew I'm more powerful than most of them, so I kept bleeding it. Until someone got some of my blood, an angel, my father we thought, cast me into purgatory for maybe 456 years." she said, no crying softly. Dean placed a hand on her side, trying to comfort her.

"And after all that time, when I got out I thought I would be able to find Cas and Gabe and be ok, no more hurting myself to stay weak, no more being different, no more being called a monster, but I was wrong" she whispered, then she pushed his hand away and was silent. 

"I'll keep you safe" he said gruffly, then got up and left. As he was getting to the door Opal spoke up, and Dean turned.

"Why wont Gabriel answer my prayers" she asked tearfully. Dean hesitated and she stood to face him, and he looked down

"He's dead Opal, he's gone I'm sorry" Dean said, and watched her crumple to the floor, her shoulders shaking. Dean sighed, a tear slipping down his face, her emotions were radiating towards him.  

"I can bring him back" she said softly "They used to have me do that in heaven" she whimpered.  "No" Dean said quietly, not without Cas at least" Dean muttered, then left. 

Dean sat down in the library and dialed for Sam/

"Sam" he barked into the phone.

"Dean, I'm kind of busy" he grumbled.

"What do I do with her?" 

"I don't know idiot, feed her, ask her to help you make some pie, have sex with her, help her take a bath, watch a movie." Sam said, exasperated. 

"Dude, I.." Dean heard a click and Sam hung up. He growled and headed to the kitchen to get a beer. He sat at the table and popped it open, sighing. After a minute a growled and stood, going back to Opal's room, he walked in and she was bare, she turned to see him blushing and trying to look away, she faltered.

"Dean..." she said, and pulled a robe on from her bedside table.

"What do you want" she asked, turning away.

"I, umm...wanted to know if you'd like to cook dinner with me" he asked, coughing uncomfortably. She turned and looked at him.

"You mean it?" she asked softly. Dean nodded and she smiled and walked up to him and hugged him, her head laying on his chest. Dean stiffened, but put his arms loosely around her and she sighed, backing away.

"I'm sorry, let's go cook." she said and walked into the kitchen, Dean followed. She hopped onto the counter, her robe riding up her thighs a bit.

"So Dean, what do you want to cook." Opal asked, he thought a moment and looked in the fridge and laughed.

"We have nothing, how about chinese takeout and another one of those pies..and...a movie?" Dean asked cautiously. She looked up at Dean and nodded smiling softly. Dean smiled

"Alright Princess let's go pick up some grub, and we can bake later" he said, she snapped her fingers and there were three pies on the table, Dean looked dumbfounded and Opal giggled. 

"Come on, I'm gonna get changed then we can go." she smiled and was gone and back, dressed in a black skater dress with lilac edging and black combat boots. She smiled and he just gave a short laugh

"Alright tinker bell let's go"