Chapter Ten: Family

Opal sat on her floor, the feather from Gabriel sitting in front of her, she was gathering her strength, she went to push forward her power but cried out in pain. Dean ran in to find her crying softly, he lifted her

"Opal what's wrong" he asked quickly, she relaxed a moment before responding

"I'm too far from nature to have full power" she said softly, Dean nodded and gathered her incantation and feather and carried her to the room he created. When they walked in her skin immediately lit up and Dean relaxed. 

"I made this for you." he said softly and she beamed. 

"Thank you Dean" she said softly, standing on her tip toes to give him a gentle kiss. He looked down at her but she was back to getting ready to resurrect Gabriel. He sighed and walked away, carefully closing the door. After a few minutes Opal began murmuring softly, holding the feather close to her, then the whole bunker filled with soft Opalescent light and Gabriel was then laying in Opal's lap in the clothes he died in. After just a second he took a gasping breath and his wings spread around them. Opal broke her focus because she had done, and the light settled, leaving some gentle glittery oil on some surfaces. Gabe sat gasping and staring into nothing until his eyes focused on Opal's faced. 

"I didn't know angels got there own heaven." he murmured, placing a hand softly on the side of her neck, she was crying and laughing softly as she watched him realized what had happened. 

"I thought you were gone forever." he murmured and she smiled softly

"I've been back for a few days, I thought you were gone" she whispered and he sat up, kissing her softly, holding her tightly. He say up and held her, asking softly

"Where are we kitten?" he asked softly, she giggled.

"We're in the Winchester boys bunker, Cas was staying here and after the angels had been satisfied with hurting me for "wasting the angel lives searching for me" they returned me to Cas" she said, he looked up at her and smirked. 

"The Winchester boys huh?" she nodded

"I think Sam got back when I was resurrecting you." she said and he stood

"Well lets go see those idiots." he said, standing and carrying her out of her room, he followed the boys voices into the library, where Castiel appeared in a whoosh. The boys stared dumbfounded at Gabriel, who began laughing.

"Well hello there." he chuckled, placing Opal on her feet. She giggled happily and ran over to hug Sam, who smiled and hugged her back. Then she ran back to Gabriel.

"So have you missed me" he chuckled looking at the Winchester's they just laughed and hugged him. Gabe walked up to Cas and gave him a big hug, lifting him off his feet. They chuckled and watched the scene between the brothers. Opal smiled and slipped off to the kitchen, letting the guys have a moment, and she did what was one of Gabe's favorite things about her, cooked them up a big dinner. 

A pot roast with lots of vegetables, biscuits, mashed potatoes, roasted apples and coconut cream pie. She was humming around the kitchen fluttering and smiling, singing in enochian, songs Gabe had taught her.

Gabriel, Castiel, Sam and Dean were all sitting together in the library, filling Gabriel in on what had happened since he left, laughing heartily at all of there downfalls and smiling at there triumphs. Opal peeked into the room and they all looked over at her, she smiled shyly

"Dinner" 

The guys all rushed to the kitchen, tripping over one another. Opal giggled and walked around the kitchen serving things and pouring drinks until Dean pulled her onto his lap

"Thank you, but I'll get it from here" he said hugging her and placing her in the seat next to him, and they all stood, finishing dishing things up and getting everything. Dean even brought Opal her jar of stars and put it next to her so she would be ok through dinner. When things finally settled everyone looked over at Opal, who was crying. Gabe smiled and leaned back, Cas held her hand tightly and the boys looked over at her concerned.

"What is it Opal" Sam asked, his brow furrowed. She smiled through her lavender tears and looked up at them all

"I have a family again, after so long" she whispered through hiccups. Dean grinned

"Damn straight you do princess" Sam nodded in agreement and Gabe grinned, Cas looked up at the boys and smiled

"Thank you for taking her in" he said, and the boys nodded. The table was quiet a moment when Gabriel broke the silence

"Why don't you do one of your old fae prayers sugar" he smiled and Opal nodded. She asked them all to join hands and hummed softly until the soft opalescent mist surrounded all of there hands and she sang a soft song in her language. Her voice carried for three minutes, all transfixed until she closed with humming, and the mist turned to opaly film on there hands. 

"That was beautiful Opal, what was it?" Sam asked looking at his hands curiously

"It was a blessing for a family meal, from when I was a child, before I had to live with the angels, I never stopped using it. That was the first time I have sung it in close to 600 years. It purifies the hands we use to prepare and eat food together" she smiled shyly

"Is that why our hands are covered in opal mucus" Dean chuckled and Opal blushed, waving  hand so it evaporated

"I suppose I laid it on a bit thick" she giggled, Dean nodded

"Well I know I'll be laying the potatoes on thick, so lets dig in" Cas chuckled at his brothers remark and they all began eating, complimenting Opal on her cooking and singing. 

"So have you guys done the sweet with sweets?" Gabriel asked Sam and Dean, wiggling his eyebrows suggestively. Dean choked on his beer and Sam nearly dropped his. Opal giggled as she watched Cas try to stack plates and the boys choke. 

"No" Sam laughed and Gabe chuckled

"Your loss" and snapped his fingers, Opal's clothes turned from sweats to a thin partially see through nightgown as she was pulling the pie out of the fridge

"Gabe cut it out" she giggled, flicking a wrist so she was back in batman pj's. He just smiled and the boys noticed they both had small problems, but they were wearing jeans so it kind of didn't show. Opal dished up slices of pie and sat down without one sighing. 

"Don't you want some?" Dean asked through a mouthful of his second slice, she shrugged

"I know what she wants, and I brought her one back" Sam grinned, standing up and pulling something out of the freezer.

"Chocolate milkshake" he said triumphantly, plunking it down on the table in front of her. She looked up at him grinning then jumped up and hugged him tight, planting a kiss on his lips

"Thank you Sammy" she said excitedly before letting go and going to town on her milkshake. Dean chuckled

"So, what's with the sex all the time?" Dean asked, looking at Opal. She giggled softly and looked up at him.

"Well, faeries are intoxicating to everything, so we revel in beauty. I could look like anything I wanted but I enjoy my true form, so I share with people who care about me" she said softly, Dean nodded.

"Well, may I take my pixie stick for a while? I haven't seen her in over 500 years" Gabe said, his gaze settled on Opal everyone nodded and spoke in agreement, allowing the two to leave.

Opal sat on her bed and looked up at Gabriel

"I've missed you"