Chapter 32: Garte and Zianna Ro'Meave

*Laurance's POV*

"Garroth, who is it?" I walked over to Garroth, looking over him.

His...parents were in the doorway?! What are they doing here?!

"Hello...Laurance..," Garte greeted me, looking me up and down. I bit my lip, nodding in acknowledgement.

"G-Garte, Zianna...what are you two doing here?"

Garroth gave me a brief glance, and I could tell he was nervous. I sighed softly, looking over Zianna and Garte.

"Garte and I, wanted to ask you and GarGar, if we could stay with you guys for a little while?"

"Why?" I pressed, confused.

"Well..," Garte trailed off, shifting his gaze to Garroth. "Garroth, your mother wants to stay in town, and catch up with you and your brothers. So, we thought, that staying with one of our sons, would be cheaper than staying in a hotel."

"Not to be rude, or anything, but aren't you guys like...loaded?" I asked.

"I guess so...but..," Zianna's smile grew, "...in this case, we'd get to be closer to our sons!"

I nodded, sighing. Garroth looked up at me, biting his lip.

"Mommy, Dad, why not stay with Vylad or Zane? They live on the same street as us."

Zianna looked up, tapping a finger to her chin. "Well, GarGar, we decided that you would be the best option, since Pea and his fiancé...would probably like to spend some time together. And, ZuZu said he's going to be out of town for a few days. So, can we stay with you GarGar? It's been so long!"

Garroth gave me one last look, staring at me. I nodded to him, and he softly sighed.

"Yes, Mommy. You and Dad can stay with us."

Zianna's face lit up, and she clapped her hands together. She engulfed Garroth in a hug, repeatedly saying 'thank you', over and over. Garte was still looking me over, giving me questioning glances. I cleared my throat, trying to start conversation.

"I-Is something wrong, S-Sir..?" I tried to regain my composure.

Garroth's dad always made me nervous. Ever since we were in school, Garte would always be wary around me. It's like, he knew something I didn't. He can talk to me in a casual conversation, but it's like he's always...judging me. I don't know about what, though.

"Nothing's wrong."

"Oh, Laurance!" Garroth broke free of his mother's hug, looking over to me. "Where will they be staying?"

"The guest room, duh," I said, as if it was obvious.

"I thought it was off-limits, since we were doing construction in there..," Garroth bit his lip.

Oh, crap... I forgot about that.

"It's fine. They can stay in my room," I smiled at him.

"That's not necessary!" Zianna exclaimed, biting her lip. "We wouldn't dare think of taking your room from you!"

"Nonsense! It's fine. I can just stay...on the 'couch'..," I emphasized the word, winking at Garroth afterwards.