Chapter 4: Aphmau's New Game

*Laurance's POV*

I knocked on the front door, before stuffing my hands into my pockets. Garroth was fidgeting with something beside me, lost in his thoughts.

We stood outside for a few moments, before the door swung open. In the doorway, a girl, much shorter than us, stood there. She had raven black hair, and caramel-coloured eyes. She wore a casual black dress with sequins, and knee-high boots. She also wore large golden hoops in her ears.

"Laurance, Garroth!" She engulfed us both in a hug, smiling brightly. "Glad to see you two could make it!"

She let us go, gesturing us both inside.

"Glad to be here, Aphmau," I said, walking inside with Garroth.

The house was brightly decorated with fairy lights, and snack bowls littered the counters. Not many people were here, but there was a decent amount. Such as, Katelyn, Kawaii~Chan, Nicole, Aaron, Zane, Dante, Travis, and Lucinda. A couple people were dancing to the music, but most were chatting.

Aphmau's parties were always light-hearted, but were still fun nonetheless. She always had some-sort of games planned, and tons of food. Garroth and I walked over to the snack bar, having a casual conversation.

"How much are you betting, that Travis is going to be hit by Katelyn sometime before the party ends?" I asked Garroth, grabbing a handful of chips.

"A new package of cupcakes."

"Deal," I shook his hand, laughing slightly.

"Looks like everyone is here!" Aphmau called out, standing on top of her coffee table. She put her hands on her hips, smiling at all of us. "Gather round! I have an announcement."

Garroth leaned over to me, whispering in my ear, "I bet she's engaged to Aaron."

"Nah, I bet she's pregnant."

Everyone gathered around Aphmau, as she pulled out a deck of cards. Garroth leaned in again, whispering once more.

"Unless those cards are wedding or baby shower invitations, we were both wrong."

I chuckled slightly, as Garroth moved away from me. We turned our gaze back to an eccentric Aphmau.

"Everyone, I'd like to announce this new game Kawaii~Chan and I made up. Get in a circle on the carpet, and I'll explain the rules."

Aphmau and Kawaii~Chan made up a party game...

Irene save us all.

~~~

*Garroth's POV*

Aphmau had explained the rules to everyone. Basically, they created a game of chance.

All of the cards had all of our names written on them. Whoever's turn it was, would have to pick out a card from the sprawled out pile, then read off the name.

If the got their own name, they were fine.

If they picked someone else's name, however, that person would have to pick out a card. If that person got someone else's name, both were in the clear. Then, the second person would have to repeat the process.

It was a fairly simple concept, and an easy game. However, that wasn't everything.

If two players drew each others names, they would have to...

...Kiss...

I knew what this was. The game was made by Aphmau and Kawaii~Chan. This was just a way to fuel their little fangirl hearts, with more ships to sail.

Damn, this is going to be a long night.

~

~~

The game played normally, so far no one had to kiss anyone.

Thank, Irene.

It was then my turn; the start of a fresh round. I picked up a card, flinching slightly.

"Who is it, Garroth~?" Travis sang, holding back a chuckle. I took a deep breath, before reading the name.

"Aphmau."

Aphmau stopped her fan-girlish giggling, and stared at me wide-eyed. She reached over to the pile, grabbing a card. I swear, I felt butterflies in my stomach.

"Zane," she said, letting out a sigh of relief. She put the card back, and I did the same. We were starting a new round, with my baby brother leading it.

Zane huffed, hesitantly grabbing a card. What was visible of his face, turned red as he looked like he wanted to burn the card.

"Hurry up, Zane! We don't got all day!" Aphmau playfully yelled at him.

"...Travis..," he spoke, barely above a whisper. Travis shrugged, casually grabbing a card.

Then, his face went red.

Finally! I can only imagine where this is going.

"...Zane..," I covered my ears, as people started to squeal with delight. Travis and Zane looked at one another awkwardly, both their faces red. I could also see Zane's knuckles turning white, as he was clenching them so hard.

Before I could turn away, to avoid watching my brother kiss someone, I caught a glimpse. Zane had pulled down his mask, to peck a quick kiss onto Travis' lips. I turned back, relaxing myself.

I can't believe my baby brother just kissed one of my good friends...willingly!

~~~

The rounds went on, actually getting a bit more heated. Each time someone got a pair, they could be excused from the game if they wanted. Zane hopped on that, leaving almost immediately. Travis stayed in a bit longer, actually 'earning' a kiss from Katelyn- before they both stepped out of the game.

Nicole and Dante got paired together, resulting in them both leaving the game after their kiss. Lucinda and Kawaii~Chan were eventually paired, resulting in Kawaii~Chan leaving- yet still watching from the sidelines.

Aaron had ended up having to go to work, so he skipped out on the rest of the rounds.

Chicken.

Look who's talking, Garroth!

Shut up!

All who was left in the game, was me, Aphmau, Lucinda, and Laurance.

Great...

It was Laurance's turn. His card read Lucinda. I tensed a bit, but decided not to let it faze me. Lucinda grabbed a card...

"Garroth." She spoke, with her soft voice. Laurance and her set down the cards, and I hesitantly reached to grab mine. I pulled a card, reading it carefully.

Damnit! Of course this happens to me!

"...Laurance," I said as quietly as I could muster. It was the first time, through this entire game, that I had drawn his name. I looked over at him, pushing his brown hair out of his pale blue eyes.

I stared at him intently, and watched as he grabbed a card. He looked at me, fear dancing in his eyes.

"Well, read it aloud ya dingus," Aphmau joked, giggling softly.

Laurance took a deep breath, scratching his arm.

".....Garroth....."