Chapter 7 Normal

Standing by the window, I sigh. I heard her shift her own weight on the bed making me turn. Her eyes, full of sadness. Her smile, fake. Her skin, pale like usual. But I knew she wasn't the same. I ran and embraced her in a hug. She hugged back. "Why the sudden hug?" She laughed. I pulled away from her, sadness in my eyes. Her smile disappeared. "You were stuck in a comma, for 3 weeks." I said. She looked shocked. She managed a fake smile, tears streamed down her face, her voice was soft and shaky. "I'm sorry," she managed to say. After a full out war with the Hollows, Hogwarts was safe again. "It's alright. Hogwarts is safe again." I said.

Skylar's POV

Tears streamed down my face, I've been stuck in my head for 3 weeks! That stupid vision was right! "Draco, I need to tell you something." I said. He looked over at me, with worry in his eyes. Tears spilled down my face as I spoke. "I-I thi-ink I'm in l-l-love w-with y-y-you." I said, in my head. This isn't a good thing. I've never been in love before! Heck I've never been happy before either! He was about to speak when Pansy walked in. "SKY!" She shouted and jumped into my arms. "I thought you were dead!" She shouted and started crying. I wiped her tears and managed to smile. "Well I'm here now, aren't I?" I say. She smiled and pulled me up. "Let's go get you something to eat. Come on Draco, we need to catch her up on everything!" Pansy smiled. Draco stood silent, "I'll catch up with you two. I'll see you at the Grand Hall." Pansy took me to our dorm and shut the door. I grabbed some fresh clothes as she spoke. "He missed you. A lot!" Pansy said. I looked at her confused. "He would always go visit you when he could," she smiled. I laughed. "Well let's get going," she said.

We ran down the stairs and walked into the hall. Everyone cheered when they saw me. I laughed, Hogwarts has changed, for the better.

After a few weeks everything went back to normal. I haven't spoken to Draco, whenever he sees me he looks away. I sigh at this. We were great friends once, but now I don't know.

"I'll see you later!" Pansy said as she ran to Potions class. I smiled and nodded. As I ran through the empty hallway I spotted Draco, standing on the balcony. I took this opportunity and scared him. "What was that for?!" He shouted. I laughed, "Pay back for not speaking to me!"

Draco's POV

"Look Skylar," I started. "I love you." Is what I wanted to say. "Seeing you alive is a lot to take in right now, after everything that's happened." I said. She nodded, "I know, I was fighting my own battle alone too. But I'm glad I'm back, I'm sorry if I've made things worse by coming back." I shook my head. "I'm glad your back is all I meant to say." I smiled, my girl, the one I'm in love with, is back. She smiled then looked alarmed. "I'm going to be late for class! I'll see you later! Bye!" She said as before she ran to class, I chuckled. I missed her foolish ways. Then I realized, I was going to be late to class too. I bolted to my class and got there just in time.

I sat alone at my table in the Grand Hall, everyone was studying for their OWLS while I read a book. The hall was pretty empty, some students were here. The doors opened and I didn't bother to turn. Someone sat down in front of me and yanked my book out from my palms. I looked up in annoyance to see Skylar, smiling. I blushed, her hair was in pig tails, she looked cute. "Do you have a fever?" She asked. I shook my head, "No! I'm alright!" She laughed and passed me my book. We chatted and shared some laughs, everything was back to normal.

The next day I noticed she was missing, she wasn't in any class. "Pansy where's Skylar?" I ask. "She's with Hagrid." She replied. I nodded and headed to his hut with her.

"SKYLAR!" I heard Hagrid shout. Pansy and I bolted to them to see Skylar holding her arm, blood dripping. A hollow standing, and a Wolf growling. "Sirius! Knock some sense into yourself!" She shouted. Tears streamed down her face. "Sky! Get back!" Granger shouted. "No! Sirius! Your all I have left! Come on! Come back!" She shouted. She fell to her knees, weak. The Hollow walked to her, we all froze. It lifted her chin with a finger. He opened his mouth and his tongue came out. She smiled, a sinister forced smile. She then punched the Hollow in the face, causing its head to fall off of its body. She screamed in pain as the wolf bit her arm, already bleeding. "Avada Kedavra!" Pansy shouted.

She shot the wolf, Skylar cried, as her arm bleed on. I would've gone to her if it wasn't for Potter to stop me. "Not now. Visit her later. Right now she needs to go to the infirmary." He said. Hagrid picked her up and they left. I felt my heart sunk. I couldn't do anything, she's hurt, she needs to be protected, I didn't do anything.

It's midnight, I can't sleep. I finally sat up and got out of bed. I brushed my fingers through my hair and sighed. "Go see her," Vincent said. I turned around, startled. He smiled, "We know she's the first person that you actually care about." I smiled myself. "Thanks, have a goodnight." I said. "You too." He said and got back to sleep. I walked out and headed to her dorm.

I knocked lightly, knowing she's a light sleeper as Pansy's a heavy sleeper. The door opened slowly letting out a creek. Skylar looked upset. Her hair, in a messy bun. She's wearing basketball shorts and a shirt. She looked surprised to see me. "Draco?" She yawned. "Go grab a jacket, we should talk." I said. She nodded and went back inside. For once, I was barefoot. I chuckled lightly at the thought of her influencing me.

"Why are you laughing?" She asked. I looked up and had to hold in a laugh. Instead of a jacket, she brought a blanket. It was draped around her like a cape, like a kid. "You look kinda cute like that," I admitted. I couldn't see her reaction but I could tell it was awkward. "Let's just go," she pouted. I chuckled and nodded.

We stood in the cold stream together. We're in the forest. "Are you alright?" I ask. She shook her head. "I have no family left, I have no one." She said softly. She crouched down and placed her palm into the stream. "I've always had Sirius with me, since I was a baby he took care of me." She said. "Your not alone Skylar. My parents are dead too, I live alone with the maids and butlers at my manor." I sighed. She looked up at me, her eyes twinkled in the moonlight. "But we have each other, and the others." I added. She smiled, "Thank you Draco." "It's nothing but the truth." I said. She smiled and I smiled back.