Chapter 8 | Music Box

Skylar's POV
Friday

I sat in the common room reading, then Vincent came from the stairs. I turned my head to him and smiled. Vincent and Goyle are two of my friends that I have yet to know. "Hello Vincent." I said. "Hello Smith," he said. "Call me Skylar, were friends after all." I laughed. He smiled, "Skylar, would you like to join Goyle and I to the muggle world?" I tilt my head in confusion. It's the summer, I live in the enchanted forest but I'll usually come into the castle, this is the first time I've seen Vincent and Goyle. "Well we wanted to get somethings, but we're not familiar with the area. We'd like you, our friend, to be with us in case we get lost." He scratched his head in awkwardness. I laugh, "I'll come." I got up and slipped on some sandals.

"Well that was fun!" I said. The two nodded. "Why don't we go to the dinning hall for food?" Goyle suggested. Pansy and Draco were somewhere. My feelings for Draco are still unsure, all I can say is that we're good friends. "How about I cook us a meal?" I ask. They look at me, wide eyed. "You can cook?!" They asked. I laughed, "Yeah I can. Come to my house I'll teach you two to cook." I said.

The two followed me home. We then started cooking and shared some laughs. I got to know them better, which made me happy. They're both kind and funny. I also found out Vincent has a crush on Luna LoveGood, Goyle loves animals, and they both hate onions. I laughed at this, "Onions! Oh my gawd you guys hate onions!" "They taste nasty!" Hoyle said as Vincent agreed. The door creaked opened revealing Pansy and Draco. "Here you are!" Draco said. "We've been looking all over for all of you!" Pansy said. "Want some?" I gesture to my food. She nods and I grab the plates we prepared for the two. "Vincent and Goyle are good cooks," I smile. Draco and Pansy took a bite and were swayed into a magical world of taste buds. "This is amazing," Draco smiled. "You two should cook often." Pansy said. "Well it was thanks to Skylar," Vincent said and smiled. We then ate and chatted. Today was a good day after all.

Saturday
I woke up early and shook Pansy. She stayed the night with me as the boys left to their homes. "Get changed into your swim suit," i said. She nodded and we got changed.

We sat in the small lake in back of my house. The sun was up, and it was hot. "The boys are happy your back." She said. "I'm glad," I replied. "I wonder what they're doing right now?" She says. "Probably starring at girls," I laugh. "Especially Vincent," She said and laughed.

Draco's POV
Vincent sneezed. "Are you ok?" I ask. "Someones talking about me," he said. I chuckled. "Maybe it's Luna LoveGood." Goyle said and Vincent blushed.

Ginny's POV
I was walking around Hogsmeade with Luna and Hermione. Then Luna sneezed. "Bless you," I said. "Someone's talking about me." Luna said as she used a tissue. "Maybe it's the boy you like," Hermione teased. "I doubt it," she replied and I laughed. That would be funny.

Skylar's POV
We sat there for awhile and chatted. Then we changed and she headed back to her home.

I sat on my bed reading a book when there was a knock at my door. I walked downstairs and opened my door to see Potter. "Hello Mr.Potter," I said. "Hello Ms.Smith," he said. We burst into laughter at our attempts to sound like Professor McGoyal. "What's up," I ask. "I was wondering if you'd like to come and hang out at Ron's house." He said. "Sure," I said. I grabbed my bag and we headed out.

I sat on the floor as the boys laughed at a joke I didn't find funny. "You don't laugh do you?" Potter asked. "Only when I find it funny." I said. "Well what do you find funny?" Ron asked. "Nothing." I said. They sigh and so do I. I reach into my bag and pull out my music box. For my dear Skylar, may the one that loves you understand the melody. I turn the key and it plays the tune, the tune of a dead man.

As the tune played I hummed the melody. "My heart, is locked up, in a chest lost at sea. I wish I could give you it dearly. But I can't find it as he took the key. He's a pirate a famous one, but he is kind to me. He once lived on the seven seas. His name was Jack, Sparrow was a dear friend of mine. Playing games and tricks, one day. I will find the key to get it back. So then I can love you one last time. Oh please wait for me, for i have waited an eternity." I sang. The melody kept going as I hummed the rest. "Thats the song my father gave to my mother. He loved her dearly." I said. I pulled out my sea shell locket. My parents were pirates, as I am a witch. My mothers name was Calypso. She brought me to Sirius. She also gave me this," I said.

{Yes this is a small Pirates of the Caribbean reference}

I opened the locket and saw the small photos of my parents. "What happened to them?" Ron asked. "They were hung for their crimes," I said. I turned and looked at the two boys. "Skylar how's your father dead if his heart is lost at sea?" Harry asked. I shook my head, "I took his place. My heart is lost at sea."