When things get confusing - 17

Liam

My bed sank down as I hit it with a thud, I turned over and lay on my stomach and closed my eyes trying to figure out what she had meant.

**

"Liam... the problem... the problem is you."

"What.. what do you mean the problem is... is me?"

"You know what I mean Liam, your messing with my head and I don't know why! You keep kissing me and cuddleing me and making me feel loved but you havn't said anything about it you haven't put a label on it and it's just... you just understand what is going through my head at the moment, you just don't realise that you are driving me crazy! I mean, we were so close the other day, maybe even too close for whatever the hell is going on here!"

She then moved herself off me to sit oppesite me with only our legs briefly touching, I felt cold without her sitting on my lap and me cuddling her. She wanted to talk relashinship.

"Lucy, I'm sorry but I... I just don't know what to do or say or anything. I'm just as confused as you!"

"How are you confused?"

"I don't know what it is Lucy but just everything about you it just makes my head spin and nothing makes sense anymore and everything seems so irrelevant unless it's with you but it's that, it's that that makes everything so bloody confusing!"

"Ok." She then stood up and brushed away the dust from her skirt and walked out the cubicale leaving me sitting there alone, once again.

**

I screamed into my pillow because isn't this what the girl is meant to do? Sit in her bed screamng and crying trying to sort out her head with a sappy movie and a tub of Ben and Jerry's ice-cream so why am I sitting in my bed, re-calling the events and wondering what would have happened if I dealt with it differently.

Lucy

What the hell! What does he mean by well... everything! It's so confusing he doesn't seem to want me as anything more than something to mess with. Arrgg! I need Ben and Jerry's, he's my only friend at this point. I pushed the DVD Dear John into my TV and let it play whilst I dug the spoon into the chocolate ice cream and shoveled it into my mouth and thinking everything over in my head because just why can't everything be easy? Why can't it just work out without any problems or ice cream and crying and just all this crap! 'Cos then life would be so much easier.

**

"Come in!" I shouted at the door and I turned my head back to see and empty tub of ben and jerry's on my floor with a spoon next to it and the contents of a tissure box sprawled out on my floor then Laura dodgeing between everything and jumped on my bed,

"What's wrong?"

"Who said there was anything wrong?"

"Babe, there is tissues covering you floor and am empty tub of ben and jerry's something is wrong."

"Liam."

"What did he do? I am going to kill the ass hole!"

"No! No! Don't kill him it's not actully Liam it's just how am feeling about Liam."

"Oh right, ok hunny."

"Stop calling me that."

"What?"

"Babe and hunny and whatever else you want to call me!"

"Fair enough."

"So what do you want?"

"To see if your ok."

"And now you know?"

"To make you feel better."

"How?"

"Dunno haven't figured that out yet."

"Good luck then."

"Thanks. Oh! Figured it out come on get up we're going out."

"Where?"

"Secret."

I dragged my self out of my bed and brushed my hair and my teeth and everything else I really can't be bothered to do and then I walked out the door with Laura to god knows where.