Chapter 2(Loss)

Hijab(for women)

Hijab" is not merely a concealing garment but includes proper behavior, manners, speech and appearance in public for a muslimah.

Hijab is something that hides us from the world and protects us from harmful gazes from strangers.

Most of us take hijab as a means of visibly expressing our Muslim identity which is wrong.Allah says in the Quran:

“O Prophet! Tell your wives and your daughters and the women of the believers to draw their cloaks (veils) all over their bodies (i.e. screen themselves completely except the eyes or one eye to see the way). That will be better, that they should be known (as free respectable women) so as not to be annoyed. And Allaah is Ever Oft‑Forgiving, Most Merciful”

[al-Ahzaab 33:59] 

In a hadeeth:

 It was narrated from Safiyyah bint Shaybah that ‘Aa’ishah (may Allaah be pleased with her) used to say: When these words were revealed – “and to draw their veils all over Juyoobihinna (i.e. their bodies, faces, necks and bosoms)” – they took their izaars (a kind of garment) and tore them from the edges and covered their faces with them. 

Narrated by al-Bukhaari,

Hijab is not fashion.Nowadays the notion of hijab has been tampered with.What we have are no longer hijabs because they go against hijabs teachings.The hijabs available have become too colourful  and see through that they attract unwanted attention to muslim women.while we are told not to attract attention but our attires do the opposite.

Others style up the hijabs.Like really guys!what is the use then??Is that really the hijab Allah has ordained us to put on??Before putting on a scarf check it fast whether its proper and according to Isamic shariah??

Dear sisters,remember our values are not measured by our waist,body carve or the no.of those who are attracted to you.Our worth is measured on a higher scale:a scale of rightousness and piety and our purpose in life despite what people say is something more sublime than just looking good.

In Islam,we are like pearls.Very precious and well protected from harmful gazes and many more.WE are priceless hence need to maintain modesty and cover up(the HIJAB!)

The hijab is a sign of purity and dignity.Allah raises our dignity through it,Strangers respect us as they see us respecting ourselves.It Highlights us to be pure and chaste and sets us apart from those immodestly dressed.

NOTE:
when your hijab is see through.....
OR when its half on your head and half not....
When its on but your fringe is showing...
When the hair is covered bit ears are showing.....
When hijab is on but you are wearing tight clothes....
Or when you think hijab is just a covering of hair.....

THAT'S NOT HIJAB!!

Dear girls:

Keep your faith not in your face,be like a diamond that is precious and rare not like a stone that is found everywhere.

And remember Allah is the most deserving your modesty#honour your haya,dont degrade it.Flaunt off that “cloak of majestic splendour”💙💙

*=*       *=*  *=*    *=*  *=*    *=*
Exam day:

In school, immediately after the end of first paper we left the classes only to find my aunt Rumeisa(mom's sister) outside.Exchanging confused glances with Naseem we approached her.

“Naseem any idea why she is here at this time??”

“Not really lets find out.”

Approaching her,“Assalam Aleikum aunty.” With a smile i have always adored, she replied but something was off evidently from her voice.