Chapter 11

"You have to come, Al. Just tell your mom you're going out with Luke. That's what he's for, you know." Calum pouted at me, staring at me with his big brown eyes through the screen of my phone. We were face-timing, hating that we couldn't be together in person.

"I don't know if I'm up for another party, Calum. I don't want her to get suspicious." I shrugged, leaning my head back on my pillow.

"She won't Allison, I promise."

I admired the tattoo on his collar bone as the camera angle lowered slightly. He has the roman numerals "MMXII" tattooed prominently on his skin with large bold writing. I couldn't help but stare at it, admiring his exposed skin and pondering about the reasoning behind the chosen ink stain.

"Alright, alright. I'll be over at your place at around seven."

"Good, babe. See you then. Oh and by the way, it's more of a pool party. So look good. I don't want to be seen with a lame girl." He laughed, smirking.

I loved how much of a smart-ass he could be. It entertained me. "Oh shut up. See you then, Cal. I'll text you when I leave."

He unwillingly ended the call, the screen changing from his sweet face to a pitch black screen. I decided to call Casey to update her on my new relationship.

The phone rang three times before she answered. "Well hey there stranger." She giggled.

"Hi Case. I miss you." I replied.

"I miss you too!" Her voice was always so perky, it just made me miss her presence even more. "What's up?"

"Calum." I said, almost sarcastically.

"Calum?" He questioned, seeming to get more interested. "Details please."

"Well," I began. "We're official now." I breathed out, relived once the words left my mouth.

I pulled the phone away from my ear slightly as a high pitched squeal traveled through the device. "Oh my god!"

I chuckled at her excited response. At least I knew she approved. "I bet you guys are so cute! I wish I was there to see it in person. You'll have to Skype me sometime when you're with him."

"Of course," I laughed, smiling wide. Casey was so bubbly and she made everything so much better.

"How'd he ask you? When? I need to know more!" She exclaimed.

"Well, I was at his house and we were just flirting and he admitted he liked me and I admitted I liked him and it all just worked out pretty well. I'm happy."

"Good. You deserve to be happy, Allison. From what you've told me, he's really good for you."

"Thank you. Your opinion means a lot to me." I added.

"It shouldn't. But thanks babe. Talk to you later?"

"Of course. Bye." I hung up the phone, putting it on the charger.

I stepped out into the living room, the house was silent. I checked all the rooms, the house was vacant. I saw this as a perfect opportunity to escape. I skipped back into my room, grabbing a bag and stuffing it with all my essentials for the night; a bikini, another outfit to change into, flip-flops, sunglasses, my phone, my charger and my make up bag.

I went out into the kitchen and pulled out a sticky note, writing my mom a note that said "out with Luke, be home later tonight, love you xx". It was easier to lie to her through text than to her face.