Chapter 38.

Chapter 38.

*Winter's thoughts/pov*

"Marcel?" I stared in complete and utter shock at the boy in front of me. I feel lightheaded and I can barely breathe. I feel like I'm having some sort of panic attack.

"What the fuck.." I heard Zayn say behind me but I paid no attention. I just continued staring at Marcel. Who isn't dead. Who is alive and breathing, standing right in front of me.

"Marcel.." I breathed. "Is- is it really you?" I took the tiniest of steps closer to him and he stared back down at me with his big glasses. It's really him. I'm going to pass out. "You're not dead." I felt the tears rushing to my eyes and I couldn't do anything to stop them. He's alive. Or maybe I'm going insane and hallucinating. But surely this isn't a hallucination. "It's you." I reached over and placed my hand softly on his cheek and a sob escaped my lips. "Marcel!" I jumped into him and wrapped my arms around his waist as tightly as I could. "I missed you so much!" I sobbed into his shirt. "I missed you. I missed my best friend." I squeezed him tighter when I felt him pull away and take my arms off of him.

"I'm sorry, but you may have me mistaken with someone else?" I wiped some of the tears from my face.

"What do you mean?" I sniffed, the tears continuing to fall.

"Well it seems that you have mistaken me for someone else. I'm not who you think I am." I frowned.

"But you're Marcel?" He nodded.

"Correct."

"So what do you mean I've mistaken you for someone else? You're Marcel. My best friend. My only friend. The one who 'repels females'." The expression on his face showed that he's completely lost. What the hell. "Marcel! You're the one who gave me my first kiss! We were each other's first kiss!" I tried to keep the tears from falling. "You hit me in the face with a door! That's how we met!"

"I'm sorry." He shrugged apologetically. "I don't know who you are. And I don't know whether I should be offended by you saying that I repel females.." He made a face and my whole body posture slumped when the realisation kicked in. He doesn't remember.

"Marcel, I have a question." I choked out.

"Shoot."

"Do you recognise me at all?" He took his glasses off, wiping them on his shirt then placing them back on his face and squinting to look at me.

"No, sorry." I quickly leant on the nearby wall and used it to support my weight. I'm going to pass out. He doesn't remember me.

"Winter, are you alright?" Zayn placed a hand on my shoulder and I shrugged him off. I closed my eyes and breathed in deeply. Breathe in and out. In and out. In and out.

"Well, I'll be going now.." I heard Marcel say and my eyes shot open.

"No! Wait!" I stumbled over to him. I probably look like a wreck right now. "Can I ask you a few questions?" He hesitated but nodded. "What's your first and last name?"

"Why do you want to know?" He stared at me and I sniffed. "Marcel Styles.."

"Where are you right now?"