EriFef

Cover picture is MINE! Ask to use it please.

:SADSTUCK WARNING:

All he could hear was her sobbing. Still sad, he guesses. But he couldn't relate in that way. None of his quadrants die. They just leave.

He was sorry, though. He'd bring back her matesprite if it would make her happy. That, and Sollux had been a potential adversary in blackrom.

Oh, and he'd lost as close a friend not so long ago.

This stupid meteor! Nothing ever happened, everyone kept dying! Of course this would have happened anyway, lowbloods never lived that long, but he nearly couldn't take it. He can't stand her being sad.

He staggers to his feet, feeling empty inside. Like the glass didn't have a drop in it. His feet drag him to the sobs. Wails reached his ears, high-pitched and morose.

At least Feferi was not like Gamzee, losing two so close to him so soon. When Karkat left, it was bad. No one could calm him down. And then Tavros. No one has seen the purpleblood in a while.

Eridan must admit, he missed Kar as well. The angry cancer seemed like the only one who could stand him.

He knew that one day they would all die. From the lowest blood to the highest. He wondered if Feferi could take it. Definitely not alone. And she wouldn't be, if he could help it. She'd be the last one he would talk to. Time to make amends.

The stone hallways loom on each side as he stumbles down them. The only thing he could hear was sobbing. It entrenched him, loud and ugly. It didn't sound like Feferi. Maybe it was Gamzee. Weeping caught his earfins, strangled whimpers that he didn't know the source of. But he keeps going. He had the burning desire to be with her. He didn't know everything about quadrants, but he knew he pitied her. Longing to have her in his arms, even if it was only back to being pale. He could handle being her moirail forever if it meant being with her. That was the only important thing.

The crying continues, intertwining with the quiet weeping of Feferi. His feet stutter, wavering as he pushes open a door.

He hears a surprised gasp, light and beautiful, before she embraces him tightly, her sweet scent filling his nose and gills. And only then does he realize the tears on his face.