letter two

I didn't think it was possible, but I fell apart.

I thought my heart couldn't break anymore, but it did.

Just looking at her name hurt. Her hand writing numbed my chest. The words surrounded my head in an embrace.

"Calum. Dinner's ready. Will you join us?" Allie, Michaels girlfriend, hesitantly stood in the doorway.

"Yeah. Sure."

I crawl from my position on my floor and stand up to join Michael and Allie in their dinning room.

"I think I'm ready to go home soon."

The couples heads nod up to me with surprise written on their faces.

"Why so soon? It's only been a week."

"I need to be independent. I don't want to be a burden to you two."

"Calum, you're not a burden at all." Allie reaches across the table to place her hand on my arm.

"I just feel like it's time. Thank you for letting me stay here."

Parking in my drive way I look to my cluttered mail box. My legs carry me to the mail in curiosity.

Will there be another letter from Kari?

I go through all the envelopes, magazines, and post cards.

Nothing.

Taking a second look, I go through the mail again.

Still nothing.

The house is still empty.

It doesn't feel like home.

It's missing someone.

A strange stale smell leads me to the kitchen.

I guess I need to get used to cleaning alone.

Being alone is hard enough. This can't be as bad.

The sound of the door bell rings through the house.

"I swear Michael..." I mumble as I set my rag down and walk to the door.

The door swings open revealing a girl with long black hair and glowing dark skin.

"Um. Hi. I'm Kennedy. I just moved in next door. I accidentally got some mail of yours."

My eyes peer into her hands handing me the two envelopes.

"Thank you. I'm Calum by the way." I reach my hand out to shake hers.

"It's nice to meet the mystery that's been hiding in this little house of yours. I've always seen your car but never you. Anyways, I have to go. See you around." She smiles with a wave and turns to walk down the pavement.

My heart stops once again.

Kari Johnson

Dear Calum,

I'm sorry this is probably freaking you out. I just need some way to calm myself. Writing these letters will be a sort of therapy for me. Hopefully these provide closure to you.

Ever since we met when you were 18, you have been a light in my darkest moments. Your constant smiles and laughter still ring in my mind during this troubled time.

Sometimes, we would just look at each other and smile. Completely innocent but not at all platonic. Whenever I saw you, I couldn't help but smile. I would always have to stifle a giggle trying to escape. Then you finally asked me out, and the blush covering your face was the cutest thing ever. Since then, I haven't been able to stop smiling around you.

The past 4 years have been my happiest. I pray that you can still be happy in my absence. I have faith that when you're ready, you will make another girl happy.

Thank you for always lifting my spirits.

I love you,

Kari

WHO DO YOU THINK KARI IS AND WHAT DO YOU THINK HAPPENED TO HER????

I really want to see your guesses.

Thank you for reading I hope you like it :)

God bless :)