Adjusting

EPOV

I softly hummed her to sleep, ignoring the painful ache in my pants. How could she possibly think she's anything but beautiful. My dad had warned me that Bella might react negatively as we were able to start our sex life again. Some women jumped right back into it, and others feel insecure.

But I didn't see major changes in Bella's physique. Sure her stomach wasn't as flat as it was before the pregnancy, but I still loved it. I loved every inch of her, and nothing was ever going to change that. She was still the sexy Bella I fell in love with.

I wracked my brain trying to figure out how to show her how beautiful she still was. I wanted to take her out just the two of us. The weekend seemed like the perfect time, and I would have to talk to my mom or Alice to stay with him.

I wouldn't push her to do anything she wasn't ready for. We would take things slow, but I wanted her to be fully aware of how beautiful she was. She was the most beautiful person on the face of the planet, and she was mine.

Anthony's cries entered the room through the small monitor that Bella had placed on the nightstand. I slowly slipped out of bed walking to the nursery where Anthony was crying. "Hi big boy." I said picking him up as he curled into me his cries turning into whimpers.

I placed him on the changing table and his cries immediately set off again. "What's wrong?" I asked him picking him up again. It was obvious that Anthony enjoyed being held, and didn't like to be left alone.

"You're going to wake up mommy if you keep crying." I cooed making my way downstairs to get him a bottle. Bella tended to still breast feed, but I took over one or two times. Anthony needed to learn to drink from the bottle, because Bella would soon be heading back to school.

The house was still empty and I settled with Anthony on the couch. It took him a while to accept the bottle, and I had to remind myself to be patient. Anthony began to suck on the bottle, and I knew it was due to the skin to skin contact. The manual had advised that it was best for dads to feed their babies without their shirts. The warmth of skin reminded them of their moms.

I softly hummed as he drank. I loved the fact that I was able to help, and that Anthony was so comfortable with me. I felt like I could spend hours just holding and observing him.

BPOV

I woke up alone in my bed, and I couldn't help but feel that Edward had ran away. Not that I would blame him. I felt like my emotions were everywhere. I wanted us to be intimate again, and I had honestly felt like I was ready for it. I had even felt a bit confident.

Yet, I didn't know what had gotten over me. Everything had been perfect, until we had gotten to bed. My emotions just took over leaving me confused and scared. But I had an understanding husband. Edward was great. I had left him high and dry, and he didn't once complain. I was terrible wife and lover.

I grabbed a fluffy white robe just in case Esme and Carlisle had returned. Edward would probably be feeding Anthony. I checked the nursery before heading downstairs where I found my two boys on the couch.

Edward had finished feeding Anthony, since there was an empty Tigger bottle on the center table. Edward was on his back with Anthony lying on his bare chest. They were the perfect picture, and just seeing them made em teary eyed.

Edward turned to me when he heard my steps. He smiled and I felt my heart melt, he was way too good for me. "Why aren't you sleeping?" He asked as I shrugged sitting across from him on the armchair.

"The bed was cold without you." I answered with a weak smile. "I'm really sorry, Edward."

"There's nothing to be sorry for, my love." He assured me sitting up carefully. We didn't want to wake Anthony.