Chapter 9: Moon Light

We all sat there for a moment in silence. Then Dina ended the silence.

"Hello, Jason." She said sweetly. "Wait," Elie asked, "Are't you suppose to stay up in you kingdom until the next lunar eclipse?" I looked at her wondering how she knew all this stuff. "Yes but when a hero needs my assistance, I can come down for short periods of time." Dina answered. "How do you know so much?" I asked. Elie smiled, her eyes filled with excitement. "While researching to try to find out were the Sea Witch would take you, I found a lot of very interesting information on your mom and her brother, though it never said his name. Oh and this other person... oh what was his name..." A look of horror came over my mom's face. "Silence!'' She commanded. "His name is forbidden. He has long since been banished." My mom said calming down. Elie and I both raised an eyebrow. "But," My mom sighed. "It is said that he will return some day. I fear it is this generation that will have to deal with his wrath." She said mostly to herself. "Wait, what?" Flamous questioned.

Before my mom could answer, the ground beneath her started to glow with a brilliant silver light.

"Oh, it looks like my time here is up." My mom said with a smile. "Wait, I still have so many questions." I said. "Oh, my son, you are a lot stronger than you think. You are the bane of the dark. You will do some great things. But no matter what happens I will always love you. You remember that. And also, If you are ever stranded, remember the fastest way to travel is by moon light." And with that my mother vanished.

"What do you think she meant by the fastest way to travel is by moon light?" Flamous asked. "Well, when most people are talking about traveling by moon light, they mean traveling by night." Elie said. "But how does that make sense. Traveling by night is very dangerous. Why would she put her son in danger?" Flamous asked looking confused. "You guys, I know what she meant." I said. "Well, what does it mean than?" Elie asked. "It means using the moon light to travel." I answered reaching my hand out to her.

I closed my eyes and focused hard. I said in my mind,"The fastest way to travel is by moonlight." My eyes flashed open. Everyone looked at me in shock. I looked down at myself and realized my skin was radiating with silver light. I put out my hand and said "Put you hand on top of mine." They all reluctantly put their right hand on top of mine. When they all had their hands on top of mine. I thought of a place to teleport." Long Beach, California" I said in my mind. Suddenly, in a flash of silver light, we all disappeared.