Chapter 11

Ezra's pov

"When I was with the spirits, they took me to Heaven." I say. They all look at me in shock. "You actually went there?" Zeb asks me. "Yeah and I have to admit, I didn't want to leave." I say.

Ezra's flashback

I open my eyes to feel the spirits carrying me further into the light. Once they put me to the ground, my eyes widen in amazement. There's trees, flowers and no Empire in sight.

I start to walk a trail leading to what looks like a palace. While walking, I drag my hand on all of the roses. Their red color brightens every time I touch it. The sky is blue and not covered with imperial transports or star destroyers for once.

To my side, I see many kids running and laughing with their families. One girl sees me and makes her way towards me. It's the same girl that Kanan and I saw before. "Angel thank you thank you so much." She says while hugging me.

"Uhhh your welcome?" I say. What did I do? She then goes back to what looks like her parents. Wait if they are her parents, then I must be in Heaven.

Ezra's pov

"That's when I realized I was in Heaven." I say. "When did you see my master?" Kanan asks me. "I saw her after I saw my parents." I say trying to hold back tears. "Wait you saw your parents?" Sabine asks me. "Yeah it was.......weird." I say. "Why would it be weird?" Hera asks me. "Let me tell you why." I say.

Ezra's flashback

Since I'm in Heaven, does that mean I'm dead? No I can't be dead. I don't remember dying or seeing my body. "Do you need something?" The girl asks me while walking back towards me. "Oh uh it's just.....since I'm in Heaven, am I died?" I ask her.

"No we brought you here alive. It's great actually because you could finally reunite with the ones that have past. Like I am now with my parents and you could be with your parents." She says. "Wait I could?" I ask her. "Yeah do you want me to bring you to th-" I cut her off. "Yes!!!! Let's go!!!" I shout I'm excitement.

"Ok then. I'll be right back." She tells her parents and we start walking. I can't believe after all these years I am going to see my parents. I could still remember that day they got taken by the Empire like it was yesterday.

"Your thinking of something sad aren't you?" The girl asks me. "Yeah....how did you know that?" I ask her. "Because when you turn into a bluish color, your feeling sad." She says. I look at her confused. "I'm not...." That's when I notice my hands were lighting up.

"What the...." I say in shock. "Can you please stop?" She asks me in tears. "What? Why are you crying?" I ask her. "When you feel happy, sad or any other feeling of emotion, the people around you feel it too." She says. "Sorry." I say. "Just think of something happy." She says.

"Ok ummm....when I first met the ghost crew. That's when Kanan took me in as his apprentice." I say. That's when I stop lighting up blue. "Thanks, now say hi to your parents." She says. I look around and see no one. "Where are they?" I ask her. "Their here." She says and walks away.

"Wait!!!" I shout. "Ezra...." I hear someone say behind me. I turn around and gasp. "Mom!!! Dad!!!" I shout and run towards them. We all then go into a group hug. I look at them with tears running down my face. They don't look any different from when I last saw them. They just have.....wings?

We let go of each other. "I missed you so much." I say. "We missed you too." They both say. "When have you ever had wings?" I ask them. "We got them when we first came here. Angels usually get their wings when they pass." My mom says. "But someone felt you were ready to get your wings now." My dad says.

"Really? Who?" I ask them. "Me." Someone says behind my parents. They move out of the way to show Depa Billaba. "It's you!!!" I shout. She smiles at me. "Indeed young angel. I'm glad you escaped Alex in one piece. And don't worry he won't bother you and your friends with any more portals." She says.

"You knew about that?" I ask her. "Yes I did my best to get you out of that room before." She says. My eyes widen. "Wait that was you?" I ask her. She nods. "Now is the time you get your wings." She says. "I'm not sure if I'm ready." I say. "You will be trust me." She says and taps my head.

All of a sudden big white shiny wings appear on my back. "Wow!!!" I shout. My parents laugh. "You must take responsibility in these. Not many angels have gotten their wings alive." Depa says. "Now you must go back to your friends."

Wait what? I can't go back now. "I'm going back? What about my parents?" I ask. "We will always be with you Ezra. You will know when we are watching." My dad says. "But I really don't want to leave you now. I haven't seen you in years." I say tearing up and turning blue again.

They all notice me lighting up. "Oh I'm sorry." I say. "It's ok, just make sure you don't get angry too often." Depa says. I nod. "This isn't goodbye Ezra, we will see you again." My mom says. I then hug them one last time and go to Depa Billaba.

"Let's fly." She says and starts to fly. I look at me parents one last time and flap my wings. I immediately fly up to the air. "Woah...." I say keeping my balance. "It will take time for you to get used to." She says. "Now let's keep going, I want to see my apprentice."