1

"Where is it, where is it..." I mumbled as I rummaged through the contents of the first drawer.

The first drawer was where I kept the things I need for class, and everything in it was in its place. My ring notebook with red cover that I used to take notes, the blue notebook that I haven't used yet, 2 perfectly sharpened pencils in a compartment with a box of unopened pencils, 5 marker pens out of which two of them were permanent ink that I bought last week while shopping at the town's bookstore and 2 boxes of ink, the blue ink was only used once, while the black ink was already halfway finished.

I closed the drawer with a sigh and quickly opened the second drawer. I had the urge of just taking out the drawer and throwing the contents on the floor so that I can search easier but thinking of how hard it'll be to organize them again made me cancel the idea.

"Where the heck is it?!"

My hands were roaming the stack of books in the drawer, reaching from corner to corner and touching each surface of the wooden container. It could be anywhere and I couldn't miss anything. But even in the second drawer, I still couldn't find the thing I was looking for.

I stood up straight and looked around the room. The room was not that big. It was just a normal-sized student room and I had to share it with my roommate. I'm not sure where she went because she was already gone after I came back from my morning jog.

I tucked the loose strands of my hair behind my ear and crossed my arms. I glanced at my wristwatch and realized that it was only 10 minutes till my class begins. I bit my lip, I can't be late.

I can't be late again.

"Oh just... let it be..." I said to myself.

I grabbed my bag and slung it over my left shoulder. I walked to the door and was about to turn the knob, then I stopped.

I can't leave. Not until I find it.

There was a nagging feeling in my heart wanting to find it. And I can't focus on anything else until I find it.

It can't be lost.

It can't..

I threw my bag on my bed and bent over to look under my bed. There was a half eaten bag of potato chips that I don't remember consuming but apart from that, there was nothing else. I went on to look under my pillows and then the mattress and even removed the covers. I glanced at my watch and there was only 5 minutes left till class. There was no way I could get to the lecture hall in time. Well, I could still make it if I ran or ride a bike. I know that, but my body just moved by itself and continued to search in my closet, in each pocket of my jackets and jeans.

I still couldn't find it. It was missing.

Missing.

Gone.