4

It's been a week since the opening of our café and the business is going really well. Customers really love our coffee and some even said that it's the best coffee in Caribbean. We already have loyal customers who turn up almost every morning for their coffee fix.

Our manager, Brittany seemed satisfied with the progress and repeatedly praised herself for the good work. 'It's all because of the coffee. Told you that the coffee must be perfect' she said. Though it was annoying, I have to admit that it was mostly her credit. She was the one who insisted on hiring an experienced barista.

Our barista, Lauren.

I like being at work.

"Hey Barista, make caffé latte for everyone!" ordered Brittany that morning as soon as she appeared by the door.

She just entered the café, as always, she was the last one who arrived. It was half an hour before 10 am and the morning shift staff were busy preparing for opening. She called all the staffs by job position and I think she was just too lazy to remember any of our names. She'd been calling me 'Intern' since we first met and for the other staffs, she named them Staff 1, Staff 2 and so on.

"Brittany, how early," I said, smirking.

"Shut up Intern," she replied, rolling her eyes.

She turned her gaze to Lauren who was putting an apron on, "Barista, the coffee now!"

"I'm on it, Miss Lopez!" replied Lauren gesturing a salutation at Brittany.

As soon as Brittany went to the second floor, Lauren glanced at me and our eyes met. We both grinned.

"Hurry up Barista, the coffee!" I said, mimicking Brittany.

"I have to wear this apron first..." she said, struggling to tie the apron that was at her back.I walked towards her and stand behind her.

"What a wussy. Here, let me help," I said as I pushed her hands down. I tied the apron neatly as she let me.

"Done," I said.

She turned around and we faced each other. I gulped.

Too close.

Our faces were just inches away from each other.

Awkward.

This is awkward.

Lauren looked away, "I didn't ask for your help."

"Mila, hurry up. The Manager is going to come down soon asking for the coffee!" shouted the cashier, Louis.