3

"Lauren..." I muttered. But it was slow, almost inaudible.

We looked at each other, not saying anything.

"Are you okay?" she asked.

She seems worried about the state I was in. Sitting on the floor with coffee beans scattered all around me. Yes, it'd be normal that she was worried.

She took a step behind the bar. She was moving closer towards me.

Closer.

And closer.

"Wa-Wait there!" I shouted.

She stopped. She was just two steps away from me.

I pulled myself up from the floor and stood up. I hurriedly wiped my face with the hem of my shirt and tucked my hair behind my ears, as if that would make any difference.

I looked at her with the most normal expression I could pull at the time. But my hands were still shaking. I quickly put my hands into my pockets before she noticed it.

"Excuse me, I'm here for the interview for the barista post," she said.

I looked at her, not saying anything. I think she didn't remember me.

Good.

"Are you okay? You look a bit-

"Make me a cup of coffee," I said.

"Eh?"

"Do you want the job? Then make me your best cup of coffee."

**

It was the most delicious cup of hot Mocha I've ever had.

The taste of the chocolate, coffee and milk blended so well and I don't know how she did it. She was using the same ingredients that we have; same beans, same milk and the same machine but why does it taste better? And the fact that she prepared a cup of Mocha and a cup of Americano in less than 5 minutes really impressed me.

She sat in front of me, looking at me with anticipation. I haven't said a word since she gave me the drink.

"How was it?" she asked.

I looked at her blankly. She waited.

"It's... amazing," I replied.

She smiled widely and seemed proud of herself.

"Fill in this form," I said, handing the employee information form for her.