2

"I can't believe you didn't turn up for the date!" exclaimed Liza as soon as I entered the room.

"I did go to Beans Coffee," I replied as I sat on my bed.

"Then what happened? He told me he waited for half an hour but you never showed up."

I shrugged, "I think I went to a different branch. There are two Beans  at the area, so... anyways, is he mad?"

"He sounded pissed, but well..." said Liza, letting out a sigh.

"Aww, I'm so sorry Liza. Now you're not getting the internship because of me."

Liza looked at me and flashed a weak smile.

"Oh well, it's okay. I'll just have look for internship elsewhere," she said, shrugging.

I was shocked with her unusually calm reaction, "Are you really okay about this?"

"Yes, don't worry about it."

I looked at Liza and raised an eyebrow.

"You seem too calm about this. Hmm, something is off."

"What? Nothing is wrong,"

"What did you do?"

"I-I..."

"Tell me."

"Nothing!"

"Liza."

She sighed, "Okay, okay. I'll tell you, but promise you won't freak out about it."

"What is it?"

She grinned and walked to me. She sat beside me and linked our arms together.

"Promise me first," she said, showing her pinky.

"Fine. Promise," I said, sealing our pinky promise.

"Mila, I borrowed one of your bracelets today, and I forgot to tell you about it..." she said, her voice was getting softer that it was almost inaudible.

"Again? Fine, then just return it to me when you're done. It's not like it's the first time you borrowed my things without my permission."

"There's a bit problem though and I'm unable to do that," she said, with an awkward smile.

"Why?"

"I sort of... lost the bracelet," said Liza, her voice low.