5

It's another busy day at Beans Coffee. Today marked one month since our café's opening so to celebrate that, we're having a special offer on iced Americano. People were filling up our café, lining at the counter and sitting cozily at the tables with their loved ones.

Our barista, Lauren was especially busy fulfilling orders that came up. She looked tired but she still managed to smile and showed off her coffee brewing skills to the customers who were waiting. I glanced at her every now and then as I was passing by the counter to the first floor. Brittany was 'managing' the second floor and left the ground and first floor to me.

I went down to the ground floor again. I saw there were only two people left at the counter. I thought it was good; Lauren can take a little rest then. I saw her handing the last cup of iced Americano to Louis the cashier who then delivered it to the happy customer.

Lauren  smiled in content as she wiped the bits of grinded coffee that accidentally fell on her workstation. She and Louis chatted a little, and then they both laughed; probably telling each other jokes to enjoy themselves while working.

I saw Lauren trying to reach for something at the top cabinet. She was on her toes and stretched her arms as far as she could, but she failed to get the supply she wanted. I chuckled when I saw Louis trying to help. With her height, as expected, she failed terribly. They both laughed, acknowledging their dwarf heights. Dwarf Louis went back to the cash machine when a customer came to order a brownie, leaving the dwarf Lauren struggling alone.

"What are you doing?" I asked in a teasing tone as I reached the bar.

Lauren glared at me, "What do you think it looks like? I'm trying to get the bottle of caramel flavour from the top shelf but..."

"But you're too short," I continued.

Lauren ignored me and continued to reach it.

"Want my help? I can get it easily."

"I can do this myself, Camila."

"How? Your arm can magically extend itself?"

Lauren sighed in defeat and looked at me, "Fine. Help me then."

I grinned as I walked behind the counter and stood in front of her.

"What do I get if I help you?"

"Caramel flavoured coffee?" she replied.

"I need a special reward."

"As if I'll give you anything," she said, rolling her eyes.

"Then you can struggle with this yourself," I said nonchalant.

Lauren frowned.

"Two cups of Caramel Macchiato please!" Louis said, checking in the customer's order.